|Size (metres, WxHxL)||1.4 x 1.4 x 8.0|
|Maximum speed||0.75 LM|
|Explosive yield||4500 GJ|
|Blast radius||250 m|
|OXP or standard||Standard|
The common missile, the Faulcon de Lacy HM3 Homing Missile is fast and accurate when used in conjunction with standard targeting scanners. They can be obtained at virtually any space port. Although there are many missile manufacturers, most are under contract with FdL to produce the HM3 by licence, assuring the spacer of a plentiful supply of reasonably priced missiles of acceptable quality.
Annoyingly, all missiles of this class are vulnerable to standard ECM, and seeing missile after missile perish only to prove the rising statistics of the efficiency of ECM-equipped ships can make a commander very depressed.
Each missile will occupy one missile pylon/launch tube/weapon bay.
Astrogation Console Missile Controls
There are more controls for missile combat than for any other single piece of equipment on the simple Astrogation Console!
- _ (underscore) disables/enables the weapons panel on the Console (missiles as well as lasers)
- t target seek - seeks a target for the missile to lock on to
- m fires the locked missile
- u unlocks the missile target
- y cycles through the available missiles/bombs and transfers the target lock to the new missile
- T targets nearest incoming missile
- + and - (only when optional MTS or TSME are installed) cycles chosen missile to next/previous target
Traders who have recently survived Thargoid encounters by way of Navy intervention, report of a missile that is impervious to the Thargoid ECM equivalent.
New varieties of missile
- Category:Missiles & Bombs for a list of 60-odd alternatives!
- Some ship OXPs such as Far Arm ships come with new missiles (these are included in the list above)
Rejig of missile warfare
eg adding chaff/changing effect of ECM etc
- Missile Booster prevents you ramming into your own missile! (Norby 2015)
- Missiles modification two tweaks: ECM less effective & dying pilots take more time to launch a missile at you (Astrobe 2017)
- Missile Combat Reimagined Total rejig of relationship between ECM & missiles, new missiles added (Redspear 2020)
- Armoury: anti-missile darts, missile rack, missile machine, (also new missiles, bombs & mines) (Thargoid 2020)
- Missiles and Bombs: 3 defence systems including chaff (also new missiles/bombs) (Ramirez 2018)
- Missile Spoof: adds a flare defence against missiles (Wyvern 2011-5)
Something a little different
- Weapon Laws OXP: weapons such as missiles can only be bought at the more lawless government systems