The Beam Laser fire continuous parallel strands of laser beam, and as such is a considerable upgrade from the Pulse Laser, but will overheat far more rapidly. It is effective out to a maximum range of 15,000 metres.
The Ingram Model M1928A2 is highly recommended for front shooting. Beam lasers fire continuous laser strands, up to 150 in parallel. Barrel is Allutium + lined with tensioned plastiglass, and as with the 1919A4 Pulse Laser, power is provided by main drive link. Beam Lasers are capable of slicing through 410mm FL metal.
Cost: 1000.0 ₢. Techlevel: 5
- See Guide to Accuracy OXPs for a list of OXPs which help aiming!
- Weapon Laws OXP restricts sales of the various lasers in the more stable government systems. Beam lasers will not be sold in corporate systems, democracies, confederacies or communist states.
- Laser Combat Reimagined OXP rejigs all the lasers and gives the beam laser improved speed to render it better for dogfights.
- New lasers OXP introduces another 2 varieties of beam laser
- Laser Cooler helps cool down lasers
- Laser Booster OXP empowers lasers but at the risk of breakage
- See also: Laser tactics to make the best use of your beam laser.