Asp Explorer (Oolite)
|Size (W×H×L)||36 m×11 m×42 m|
|Cargo capacity||5 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.38 LM|
|Manoeuvrability||Pitch: 0.9 |
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore: 1x |
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
A member of the Neo-Asp family. Smaller and slower but with a slightly better energy recharge rate, some cargo space and a 75,000₢ lower basic price. Based on the designs of Simon B, this ship's purpose was reconnaissance and scouting. While decommissioned from the Galactic Navy years ago, they still form part of some local Navies. Unfortunately the majority of the Asp Explorers are now used by assassins and pirates.
From the original ReadMe
- Asp Mk I and Asp Explorer with new HUDs
- Submitted by Wolfwood on Tue, 2006-04-25 08:27.
Asp Mark I is based on the model used for Asp in ArcElite, which is very different from any Asp in any other version of the Elite. It offers a slightly smaller, poor man's version of the Asp Mk II, a bit smaller, a bit weaker but with a very small amount of cargo space.
ArcElite also professed a variant Asp model that is different enough from the one used above to warrant a separate ship. This one is called Asp Explorer (after the Asp in FFE) and it is somewhere between Asp Mk I and Asp Mk II in speed, but slightly above Mk II in strength. But it is also a bit larger than the regular Asp Mk II and is slower at roll and pitch.
Additionally, because of its size, the ship also has a large tank for fuel, allowing almost two consecutive jumps without the necessity to refuel at the local sun.
Both of these ships come with a re-imagined HUD. The package also includes a HUD for the regular Asp Mark II, for those who want to use it for the regular ship (but you'll have to edit the shipdata for Asp Mk2 yourself).
|Compatible equipment for this ship. Factory standard equipment is marked in bold, all other equipment can be added by the player.|
|Misc. Equipment||Fuel Scoops • Escape Capsule • Docking Computers • Witch Fuel Injectors • Galactic Hyperdrive • Advanced Space Compass • Scanner Targeting Enhancement • Multi-Targeting System|
|Weaponry||Pulse Laser • Beam Laser • Military Laser • Energy Bomb|
|Defence||E.C.M. System • Extra Energy Unit • Naval Energy Unit • Shield Boosters • Military Shield Enhancement • External Heat Shielding|
(Simon B's Ships OXP)
The Asp Explorer could be found in 2 packages, both based on Simon B design:
- Simon Bridge aka Simon B (models, textures, shaders)
- Capt. Murphy (repackage and minor bug fix)
- CaptSolo (various improvements)
For Simon B's Ships OXP the minimum requirement is Oolite 1.80.
The original Wolfwood version is in the Wolfwood's Variants OXP
- Copyright: Simon Bridge - Distributed under GPLv2 and compatible licenses. Simon based the ships on original work by Wolfwood.
- This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial Share Alike 3.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). To view a copy of this license visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0.
- Zorgon Petterson Group (main manufacturer)
- Asp Mark II (The standard model, a fearsome fighting ship.)
- Asp Mark II Special (2 generations had been build. The first was later used to design the Asp-X, the second is a smaller but still deadly Asp Mark II.)
- Navy Asp Mark II (An Asp specially designed for the Galactic Navy. While the first generation wasn't able to live up to the expectations, the second (based on the Asp Mark II Special) is still serving in several navies.)
- Asp-X (A powerful heavy interceptor, based on the design of the first generation of the Asp Mark II Special. Originally developed for Her Imperial Majesty's Space Navy but also licensed for civilian use.)
- Asp Explorer (FE2 / FFE)
- Asp Mk.I the original Asp.