|Navy Asp Mark II|
|Size (W×H×L)||38 m×11 m×42 m|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.40 LM|
|Manoeuvrability||Pitch: 1.25 |
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore: 1x|
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||No|
Superseded by the Behemoth with a bellyful of Vipers not many Asp Mark II were left in the fleet. This changed when Admiral Matthews took over command. His vision included a Navy version of this military machines again. With the license sold to Zorgon Petterson Group an older design was reactivated first and modified to the first Navy Asp Mark II. While successful, this model wasn't able to live up to the expectations.
At the end a deal with Zorgon Petterson Group was struck, modifying an Asp Mark II Special to a new prototype. The first tests were impressive, so at the end the new member of the Neo-Asp family went into mass-production.
Navy Asp Mark II
(Galactic Navy OXP)
Navy Asp Mark II
The Navy Asp Mark II could be found in 2 packages:
- Galactic Navy OXP by Matt634 (2007) and updated by Nemoricus (2009)
- Behemoth by ADCK, Aegidian, Griff / CaptSolo, Eric Walch, PAGroove, SimonB, spara (2015)
While most specifications for both ship versions are similar, the original Galactic Navy model has the dimensions 76 m x 16 m x 74 m and a mass of 70.497 t.
IMPORTANT SUGGESTION: Galactic Navy OXP is pretty old and outdated, I would recommend installing Galactic Navy Facelift for better looking ships.
- Matt634 (original Galactic Navy Asp)
- Simon Bridge aka Simon B (models, textures, shaders for the Behemoth Asp)
- ADCK (improved textures and shaders for the Behemoth Asp)
- none, we are not able to update this package to the latest standards
- This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial Share Alike 3.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). To view a copy of this license visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0.
- Zorgon Petterson Group (manufacturer)
- Asp Mark II (The standard model, a fearsome fighting ship.)
- Asp Explorer (A scout ship with some cargo space. Originally produced by Zorgon Petterson Group this craft is today offered under license from SoloTek Industries.)
- Asp Mark II Special (2 generations had been build. The first was later used to design the Asp-X, the second is a smaller but still deadly Asp Mark II.)
- Asp-X (A powerful heavy interceptor, based on the design of the first generation of the Asp Mark II Special. Originally developed for Her Imperial Majesty's Space Navy but also licensed for civilian use.)