Sector1/The Old Worlds (Region)
The Old Worlds consist of the systems Reorte, Lave, Diso, Riedquat, Leesti, Zaonce, and Orerve.
The Rough Guide to the Ooniverse has pages on Reorte, Lave, Riedquat and Zaonce.
The various Syncretist (uniting Oolite with Frontier) histories postulate that the Old Worlds Alliance was the first part of The Eight settled by humans, and broke free of the Federation. See History, GalCop and Oolite timeline.
Lave is the central planet of an unusual collection of systems. These systems, collectively known as the Old Worlds, are comprised of a single star and planet, and all planets are at the correct orbit and have the necessary characteristics to support carbon-based life. From Lave
Note that all the planet-adding ambient oxp's ignore this, bunging in planets everywhere with gay abandon! For other versions of history see Lore & History.
|1:39||Reorte||8||(19,151)||5208 MCr||3.1 Bln.||Black Fat Felines|
|1:7||Lave||6||(20,173)||7000 MCr||2.5 Bln.||Human Colonials|
|1:147||Diso||7||(11,174)||13120 MCr||4.1 Bln.||Black Furry Felines|
|1:46||Riedquat||5||(3,181)||1920 MCr||2.0 Bln.||Harmless Rodents|
|1:55||Leesti||5||(13,186)||35200 MCr||5.0 Bln.||Human Colonials|
|1:129||Zaonce||5||(33,185)||41976 MCr||5.3 Bln.||Human Colonials|
|1:255||Orerve||7||(12,203)||7000 MCr||2.5 Bln.||Human Colonials|
Vanilla game: Zaonce is the wealthiest, most populous and most advanced world in this region - but is on the outermost periphery, with dictatorial Lave blocking access to the rest of it. Leesti is almost as significant as Zaonce, and is much more central, but is presumably distracted as a regional leader by the anarchy in neighbouring Riedquat.
- Paddling Pool tones down the piracy infestations here by upgrading the planetary governments to more stable ones.
- Lave OXP upgrades the TL of Lave to 8, and adds a moon, restaurant ships, learner-pilots etc
- Diso OXP adds more planets, a second orbital station and nebulae to the skies around Diso
Affecting the region
- The systems OXPs (Anarchies, Feudal States & Dictators will add more colour to their respective systems (Riedquat, Orerve & Reorte + Lave).
- These will need other addons (ie Imperial AstroFactory, PlanetFall and possibly Behemoth).
- Diplomancy adds wars and alliances between the systems, but also requires visas for travel to some systems - which are impossible to purchase in warring systems and anarchies!
Apart from the material in the Rough Guide (linked at the top of this page), there is also a description at the start of Imprint of Lave & Leesti and their relationship.
Choosing between HIMSN & the Galactic Navy will also have implications for Lave's lore.