|The planet Leesti is reasonably fabled for Zero-G cricket and Leestiian evil juice.|
|Old Galactic Catalogue Entry for 1:55 (Leesti)|
- 1 Witchspace Routes
- 2 Trade
- 3 Planet textures gallery
- 4 OXPs
- 5 Fiction
There are 5 direct Witchspace Routes from/to Leesti:
|Average prices are based on long-term established averages (the so-called arithmetic mean). The average quantity is based only on quantity values greater zero. Availability gives a percentage whether a good is available in this system. Please note that these are statistical data. GalCop regulations expressively forbids the broadcasting of actual prices beyond the current system.|
Planet textures gallery
Note that the Povray Planets & FPO textures are specific for Leesti (older oxp's such as System Redux & System Demux merely assigned them one of 60-odd textures, also used by other planets in the galaxy. Strangers World does this too).
The OXP Asteroid Storm helps build up Leesti as a system. It adds the sounds of asteroids crashing into the station shields while docked, new asteroids and an intermediate mission in the Leesti system. It also adds slightly to the description on the F7 screen.
|The planet Leesti is reasonably fabled for Zero-G cricket and Leestiian evil juice, but cursed by deadly asteroid storms.|
The Famous Planets oxp used to add a planetary texture for Leesti. The texture is now located in the Povray Planets oxp. And there used to be music too, on arrival in-system and launching from the station! But see FPO, below.
Famous Planets Overhaul (FPO)
The Famous Planets Overhaul (FPO) adds a custom texture to this planet, and the music, as well as a custom description for the F7 screen:
|Leesti is a dangerous place for space navigation due to sporadic asteroid storms. Surface of Leesti continents was repeatedly sterilized by asteroid impacts and life on a planet was confined to oceans. Asteroid intercept program was implemented to protect human colonies. Now Leesti is an unique example of successful terraforming project in Sector One. Leesti is fabled for Zero-G cricket and Leestian evil juice.|
|Famous Planets Overhaul|
Leesti is Moon
Stranger has produced two oxp's which illustrate the advanced graphics available from Oolite version 1.89. Leesti is Moon 8k & Leesti is Moon LSM 8k: each map our Moon onto Leesti - and the LSM version adds in markings for the Lunar Landing Sites!
The Povray Planets adds a custom texture to this planet.
The Galactic Supervisor for Galaxy One is based at Leesti Main station but also has a laboratory at the Leesti monitor station. (Xeptatl's Sword)
Routes and Regions
The Old Worlds
Leesti is member of The Old Worlds.
Lore from Imprint
- He reckoned on a run to Leesti as the nearest complimentary trade system (to Lave) where the massive TLK Conglomerate was the dominant political force on a physically unsettled and inhospitable world. (Chapter 4).
- Just about everywhere you looked on Leesti Station 5, the imperial purple TLK logo would intrude your line of vision. The corporation sponsored, monitored, administered and generally wished you well whenever they received your money. Evolving out of a Leesti System Federation which governed by economic interest groups, the Technology Sector had thrived on early runs by newly licensed pilots from Lave and had subsumed other sectors into one mammoth corporation. Aggressive commercial policies and specialisation in agrotechnology, both planetary and Station bound meant that Leesti had a powerful presence in the local galactic area, with interests on Orrere and Ra as well as a Corporate arm on Zaonce. The TLK delegates to the GalCop Senate on Aruszati were often in the the news for their fractious run-ins with other GalCop groups...
- ... At an orbital station bar: There was a TLK Leisure Pad in a pocket of the seat, and Rif scanned through the list of Station activities. The various descriptions of sports and pastimes on offer, and the accompanying prices, were an entertainment in themselves. As Rif sipped at his drink, which had lapsed into uneasy entropic equilibria, the house lighting dimmed and the lower level of the amphitheatre split and moved into three cleongridded dance floors. Holo-effects lit the grids with cries-crosses of flame as a lava-flow cascaded under the floors, and customers were invited to have fun at the scene of one of Leesti's premier tourist traps. "Show me your fluid dynamics", encouraged a voice over the speakers. The screen to the leisure pad flicked to an ad; "Now at the Turbulence. Set your lavalite". It beamed to nobody in particular from the table top.
- ... The lead item on Comm. was an incoming report of a skirmish above Alaxide, one of the Leesti system worlds where there was a mining operation and several construction plants. Several in-system haulers had been destroyed along the standard flight route. A pirate incursion from Riedquat was suspected. Local TLK outsiders and a viper unit had engaged the force but no more recent information was available. The bulletin analysis already laid the blame on the Knights Templars, a terrorist force across the galaxies which seemed far better organised in recent years and was committed to destabilizing GalCop. A mention in the analysis of growing tensions at the diplomatic convention between Galcop and the Interstellar Sanction implied, even to Rif's politically naive eye, that there could be a possible connection between the Sanction and the Templars (Chapter 6). The Interstellar Sanction are another federation of systems outside The Eight galaxies.
Lore from P.A. Groove Stations
The first prototype of the basic DODO station (GASEC model) went into orbit around Leesti in 3138. At that moment the Leesti Coriolis was wiped out by a the comet Hal 9001. Scientists luckily predicted this impact a few months before the event after a major asteroid storm in the region. The new Dodo model could withstand impacts for much longer but it remains unclear why the new station was placed exactly in the same risky spot (possibly for budget reasons?). The Dodo-station proved to be a success. (P.A. Groove Stations OXP)
Dark Star Rising (CSOTB)
Click on the images to expand them
The Traders Almanach
|If you can spend some cash, try this: You can't make a mistake with buying memory chips here. You've got the choice to move them to Riedquat each ton for a quite nice profit of 27.0 creds, with Diso being the second choice in destinations and Lave last. Moreover, your ship should have more than a normal pulse laser if you want to trade in Riedquat. I am not sure which is worse, the asteroids of Leesti that even took out the old station, or the Leestiian evil juice.|
|(Excerpt from: The Traders Almanach entry for 1:55)|