|Feudal States OXP|
The Feudal States is a flavour OXP that adds various new elements to the leading feudal systems in Oolite galaxies. The current version covers Galaxies 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.
The OXP contains four basic elements:
Pilots can visit Royal Hunting Lodges where they are able to challenge nobles in ship-to-ship contact. Bets can be placed on the outcome, giving you an alternative way of making quick money. Use the F8 interface while docked at the Lodge to accept a challenge and bet on it.
Good pilots are in high demand amongst the Feudal States. Visit the Royal Court where you can take on missions, ranging from simple deliveries to the capture and ransom of senior nobles. Use the F8 interface for the Royal Court after landing on the planet.
As your standing with the Feudal States increases, you can join their ranks as a knight of one of the royal houses. Further success will see you elevated to the peerage, with the chance of becoming one of the leading members of royal society.
The Feudal States hold regular tournaments where nobles gather to test their skills in combat. All pilots with noble rank are eligible to take part, with the winner taking home a major cash prize as well as increasing their prestige.
More detailed information on the OXP is available in the PDF readme.
Ships and Stations
Royal Hunting Lodge
Taking part in missions, challenges and tournaments is entirely optional. Missions and tournament events increase in difficulty as you progress, while challenges vary in difficulty depending on the skill and rank of your opponent.
Note that the ship models use shaders to help with identification, though the OXP will run with shader options turned off.
Requires Planetfall OXP.
- v.2.1 Downloadable through the in-game Expansions Manager
- Feudal_States_1.16.3.oxz (downloaded 3870 times).
- The Feudal States OXP is available for download at Ramirez' Oolite Pages
- Feudal_States_1.16.2.oxz for Oolite 1.79 or later (downloaded 2835 times).
- You can find the Feudal States discussion thread on the Oolite Bulletin Boards here.
- The Royal Houses of Santaari (ie Galaxy 1)
- The Royal Houses of Colesque (ie Galaxy 2)
This has proved a very popular OXP - together with the main thread there are many dealing with problems people found. These two are a little different:
- Land ownership as reward for missions for Feudal lords? (2012)
- How do you imagine Feudal Systems? (2017)
OXP's being modifiable, this one, also, can be changed at whim if you have the skills. See DGill's version here, with larger hunting lodges, a feudal HUD (!) and a greater variety of different missions.