Gecko Dragon Class
|Gecko "Dragon Class"|
|Size (W×H×L)||61 m×14 m×52 m|
|Cargo capacity||3 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.36 LM|
|Manoeuvrability||Pitch: 1.5 |
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore: 4x|
|Shield boosters available||N/A|
|Military shields available||N/A|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
|Base price||120,000 Cr|
A Gecko heavy fighter based on the technology of a wrecked Green Gecko. While not as advanced as the original this ship could be a fearsome combatant. By copying some of the hi-tech from Avernus Orbital the design includes 4 front laser mounts, an additional pylon, increased speed, more energy banks, and a higher reload rate. On the downside, no hyperdrive, Shield Boosters or Military Shield Enhancement could be assigned and the maintenance costs are 10% higher. While primarily used as a single-pilot combat craft, the cockpit supports a co-pilot as well.
When the fighter first was introduced to the open market there was much skepticism, no wonder because the design came from a small backyard repair shop. However, after the first test-flights, the orders exploded, escorts, bounty-hunters, mercenaries, and numerous Navies and local police forces stood in line to get some of the production. Needless to say that assassins and pirates also became highly interested.
Soon the shop became a shipyard and nowadays Biarge United Shipyards is known everywhere in the Eight.
Since this ship is mainly used by the more adventures commanders some creative hull paints are now widely spotted:
Click on thumbnails to view full-size images
|Compatible equipment for this ship. Factory standard equipment is marked in bold, all other equipment can be added by the player.|
|Misc. Equipment||Fuel Scoops • Escape Capsule • Docking Computers • Witch Fuel Injectors • Scanner Targeting Enhancement • Multi-Targeting System • Galactic Hyperdrive • Advanced Space Compass|
|Weaponry||Pulse Laser • Beam Laser • Military Laser • Energy Bomb|
|Defence||E.C.M. System • Extra Energy Unit • Naval Energy Unit • External Heat Shielding|
- While available to the player please keep in mind that you have only 3 t cargo capacity and no hyperdrive, flying this craft could be a challenge.
- If you are using New lasers OXP some lasers will be replaced.
This ship/ships belong to the category Ubership, I recommend installing Multiple Lasers and Separated Lasers as well to level the field.
The Gecko "Dragon Class" is inspired by the Green Gecko and the Renegade Gecko, thanks a lot to Cody and LittleBear.
- Cody (basic concept)
- LittleBear (additional ideas from the Renegade Gecko (Renegade Pirates OXP)
- Griff (ship model, gun model, and basic textures)
- another_commander (specular maps)
- phkb (basic diffuse map for the Bounty Hunter Guild variant)
- Cholmondely (reported a model error)
- Oolite V 1.88 or higher.
- Montanas Resource Pack 01 is required. It could be found on the Expansions Manager or alternatively here: MRP01.
The Gecko "Dragon Class" could be found on the Expansions Manager or alternatively here: Gecko "Dragon Class" OXP
At SIRF OXP (V 2.60 and higher) these ships act as defenders of the station (NPC only).
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
To view a copy of this license visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0.
- Version 0.52 / 2021-12-03:
- small tweaks to adjust better with other OXP's
- Version 0.51 / 2021-09-15:
- corrected a texture in a model (thanks to Cholmondely for reporting the bug)
- optimized the emission maps
- added another ship (Bounty Hunter Guild, based on a diffuse map from phkb)
- enhanced ship script
- downgraded some equipped weapons and reduced the chances to appear in the game
- Version 0.50 / 2021-03-22:
- initial release
|0.52||2021-12-03||CC BY-NC-SA 4.0||Ship||Ships OXPs||Montana05||BB|