There is a lot of humour in Oolite. Not so much in the Vanilla game (but see "Mr Gimlet's" AdviceForNewCommanders.pdf included in your original game download). However, when you enter the world of .oxp's or start peering through the Bulletin Board, you will frequently find something jumping out and biting you in the behind!
Here are some examples:
- Hotrods OXP
- Iron Ass OXP - try docking with a Scrub in Volume 5! (You might need ILS loaded).
- TrumbleTreats - no longer works on newer Oolite versions
- Your Ad Here! (or YAH) - see picture for some good ones!
- The Galactic Almanac OXZ - the GNN broadcasts are jolly good (you need GNN loaded to see them)
- Random Hits OXP - just read the details of the targets one is asked to nobble!
- Ahruman's tend to be pretty good. See the example given here: User:Ahruman
- Ditto for Captain Hesperus
- Ditto for User:Redspear - try this: «The Cheesemonger»