|Size (W×H×L)||65 m×15 m×37 m|
|Cargo capacity||3 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||3 TC|
|Maximum speed||0.35 LM|
|Manoeuvrability||Pitch: 1.70 |
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore: 1x |
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
|Base price||112,500 Cr|
The Fruit Bat is a cheap, somewhat maneuverable fighter/escort, often used by pirates and escorts alike.
The ship was not a very popular model, but when MASSTrans GLC bought into the traditional family business (holding 49.90 percent of the shares), the production of a slightly enhanced version under the name of "Flying Fox" started. This craft was exclusively sold to MASSTrans' subsidiary firm MT SEC.
While sales of the standard model have been rising slightly, the demand for a customer version of the "Flying Fox" are estimated to be even higher. When MT SEC, with allowance of their parent company, started to open their escort services to private traders, an enhanced model was needed. This time, the management contacted Biarge United Shipyards and asked for a design. The result, the "Mega Bat Mark I", was accepted and the production and profits were split between both companies.
- MASSTrans GLC:
- MASSTrans GLC just recently transformed itself from a local player around the Iron Stars (G1) into a multi-cooperation all over The Eight by satisfying a rising :demand for in-system transportation of cheap mass products, something free traders alone couldn't (and wouldn't) attend to.
- With its investments into various ship builders and on low tech agricultural worlds, the cooperation started to dominate the trade at the low end of the cargo spectrum. :The corner stone of its success are the freight trains, huge massive ships build for slow, but steady, transit through a given system and giving the people the things :they need for survival, even on far off stations.
- MT SEC:
- A subsidiary firm of MASSTrans GLC. While working formerly under exclusive contract for MASSTrans freight-trains, they started recently to open their escort services :to private traders. Although they take premium fees, thanks to their experienced pilots their services are in high demand (and add a boost to the prestige of their employer).
|Compatible equipment for this ship. Factory standard equipment is marked in bold, all other equipment can be added by the player.|
|Misc. Equipment||Cargo Bay Expansion • Fuel Scoops • Passenger Berth • Escape Capsule • Docking Computers • Witch Fuel Injectors • Scanner Targeting Enhancement • Multi-Targeting System • Galactic Hyperdrive • Advanced Space Compass|
|Weaponry||Pulse Laser • Beam Laser • Military Laser • Mining Laser • Energy Bomb|
|Defence||E.C.M. System • Extra Energy Unit • Naval Energy Unit • Shield Boosters • Military Shield Enhancement • External Heat Shielding|
- some notes from the author:
- Made some time ago, never thought about releasing it, because of issues, that I could finally solve,
- and now a recommended part of my Freight-Train OXP.
- V 1.10+ is using a script which provides individual escape pods and crews and makes sure that most ships got some cargo.
The Fruit Bat is entirely the work of Rorschachhamster, all credits therefore belong to him.
Oolite Version 1.77 or higher is required. For version 1.10 and up, Oolite 1.88+ is needed.
- Version 1.10+ of the Fruit Bat could be found on the Expansions Manager or alternatively here: Fruit Bat OXP
- The original version from Rorschachhamster (2013) could be found in the FruitBat OXP V 1.01 on box.
- This version includes 3 minor bugs, one might affect Apple users, while another will prevent you from buying the cargo extension.
- In the Freight-Train OXP (V 1.02+) this ship appears as an escort.
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike 3.0 (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0).
To view a copy of this license visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0.
- Version 1.00 / 2013-02-04 / Rorschachhamster:
- initial release
- Version 1.01 / 2013-03-20 / Rorschachhamster:
- The MT Sec Flying Fox is now outfitted with an aft laser as well, and made a little tougher
- Version 1.10 / 2021-11-23 / Montana05:
- overhaul of the complete OXP, including fixing existing bugs
- adjusted roles
- rearranged or added weapon positions
- added flashers for the position lights
- modified the models
- tweaked the emission map
- added normal map
- added "gloss"
- outsourced the role of pirate to an individual ship with a tweaked diffuse map and weapons
- added a small ship-script for escape pods and cargo (includes new entities and textures)
- added shiplibrary.plist
|1.10||2021-11-23||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||Ship||Ships OXPs||Rorschachhamster. Montana05||BB|