A shipset is, technically, a set of ships for Oolite. On this page we are interested in complete sets of ships: Cobra's, Adders, Asps, Vipers, Mambas etc.
A shipset can replace/retexture the standard Oolite shipset from the Vanilla game or add to it.
In theory, it could possibly even create a totally new and different set of ships - and replace everything with ships from a different universe (say ... Star Trek or Star Wars)
List of shipsets
The newer oxp's are for shaders, but Amah produced some non-shader versions. The oldest (not shown) were non-shaders.
- Vanilla game shipset (Griff's design: Griff's normalmapped - see Griff Industries)
- Shipset using new graphics from Oolite v.1.88: Normal and Specular+Gloss Maps for Oolite v1.88+ - based on Griff's normalmapped but adumbrated by User:Another commander (2020 - for shaders)
- Smivs' The Classic Ships, ClassicShipyard & ClassicVarietyPack (2016 for shaders)
- Staer9's Staer9's Shipset (2015 - for shaders)
- Deepspace Ships (2016 - originals by Deepspace, 2009)
- Sungs' Shady Sungs (2012 - for shaders)
- Neolite Ships by SimonB (2009, rejigged in 2012)
- Re2dux Ships by SimonB (2011)
- RXSoftware - see [here] by Commander Xairon (2011)
Note that almost all of these shipsets are retextures of the Vanilla game's shipset. Both SimonB's Neolite and Re2dux shipsets also add many "new" ships. Mixes taken from his shipsets are now on the Expansions Manager:
- SimonB's Ships - are a mix of 16 of his 45 Neolites (mostly from his non-Vanilla game ships). (For shaders, 2014)
- Simon B's Favorites include a few of his equally extensive Re2dux shipset.
There are a handful of no-shader versions of some of the above (thanks to Amah - see No Shaders alternate or extra ships and accessories)
- Vanilla game
- Shipset Compatibility OXP for updating old Replacement shipsets designed for Oolite 1.77.1 or earlier to adopt the new roles in newer Oolite versions
- Jane's Galactic Shipset OXP tweaks the ships (mass, speed, energy, recharge, missiles, cargo, pitch & roll) to conform to Classic Elite specifications
- An alternative to ship distribution convention (2015) ie from the Replacement/Addition model
- Category:Retextures OXPs & Category:Ships - listings of all ship sets (and all the ships too!) in Oolite
- Category:Navies - includes naval shipsets