Coluber HUD CH01
The Coluber HUD CH01 is the popular modernised version of a Coluber HUD. But see below for Coluber HUD CH02
- 1 Overview
- 2 Images
- 3 Features
- 4 Minimum requirements
- 5 Installation
- 6 Known issues
- 7 Author
- 8 License
- 9 Download
- 10 Other Coluber HUDs
- 11 Links
- 12 Oolite Forum thread
- 13 Gameplay and Balance indicator
The Coluber HUD CH01 is a fully featured HUD with individual scales for each gauge and additional control lights for important equipment. It is developed and produced by Coluber Works and Shipyards Inc. in the Riredi system.
Cargo-ship pilots especially like this HUD because it has an extra big scanner and additional control lights for important equipment.
Legend (left to right):
Left: WTP (Weapon TemPerature - degrees Kelvin); EQ1 & EQ2 (see Features below); AFS, FWS & NRG (AFt Shield, ForWard Shield, eNeRGy banks)
Right: SPD (SPeeD); FUL (FUeL), COMP GW-99 (ASC: Tyley-Feynman GW-99 astro-navigation COMPass); ALT (Altitude); CTP (Cabin TemPerature - degrees Kelvin); CLK (CLocK)
- Oolite 1.80 additional HUD elements
- Bigger scanner
- Bigger space-compass with integrated combination gauge for pitch, roll, and yaw (see right)
- Numeric ship speed display and a numeric altitude added when below 1000m.
- Gauges are hidden while docked to allow big GUI.
- Up to 7 MFD´s (depending on monitor resolution)
- Individual scales for each gauge
- Contrast backgrounds
- Customized crosshairs (see screen shot just above) - note that in "red alert" combat information is also grouped around the crosshairs (the gauges for shields, energy, weapon temperature, the control lights for injectors, E.C.M. and escapepod and the weapon display).
- Also note that when a target is centred, the crosshairs become more emphatic.
- Equipment lights: EQ1 (fuel injectors, E.C.M., & Escape pod); EQ2 (fuel scoop, galactic hyperdrive & docking computers)
- Compatibility with HUD Selector - thus allowing other dials to be added to the HUD.
- Joystick Precision (sensitivity) Indicator added to the HUD if a Controller/Joystick is connected.
Oolite 1.80+. No dependencies.
Install via the expansion pack manager or download the OXZ-file and move it into the AddOns folder of your Oolite installation.
This OXP is not compatible with the Target Reticle OXP. Coluber HUD CH01 already has the proper setting to turn the reticle red when on target.
This OXP is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).
- Coluber_HUD_CH01_v1.2.2.oxz (Download statistics: Downloaded 1619 times).
- Coluber_HUD_CH01_v1.1.oxz (Download statistics: Downloaded 224 times).
- Coluber_HUD_CH01_v1.0.1.oxz (Download statistics: Downloaded 1783 times).
Newer Versions: Coluber HUD CH02
Both of these newer versions offer some sort of protection against sun glare
Version History (Original version)
Version 1.2.3 2020-10-15
- Added ASC Target distance display
Version 1.2.2 2015-12-20
- Fixed docked HUD with HUDSelector, thanks to phkb.
Version 1.2.1 2015-06-22
- Fixed a missing image.
Version 1.2 2015-06-21
- Joystick sensitivity indicator enabled
- Alert sensitive scanner color
- Another degree fix by Mazur
- Allow big gui (longer equipment list in F5) disabled during flight
Version 1.1 2015-06-17 - an update by Norby
- Removed degree sign from cabin temp, thanks to Smivs.
- Added numeric ship speed display and a numeric altitude meter below 1000m.
- Gauges are hidden in dock to allow big gui.
- Clock moved a bit to fit into Xenon UI.
Version 1.0.1 2014-09-20
- Changed OXPs name
- Implemented compatibility with the ingame OXZ manager;
- implemented compatibility with HUDSelector.oxz. (Many thanks to Norby for providing the necessary JS-code);
- adjusted COMLOG and MESSAGE GUI size;
- added one MFD, now 7. MFD position now depends on monitor resolution;
Version 1.0.0 2014-09-18
- First test-release of this OXP
Other Coluber HUDs
New HUDs partly based on this Coluber HUD CHO1
Other Coluber HUDs
- CB-HUD Mark II - the number one HUD produced by the Crab-Boolean Corporation
- CRR-HUD - for the Coluber Red Racer
- Other HUDs exist for the other three Coluber Racers and also for the Coluber Pitviper
Oolite Forum thread
Please post your comments, questions, problems or bug reports on this OXP's BB thread here.
Gameplay and Balance indicator
Note that the newer versions mildly help game-play by acting against sun glare.