This page covers two different HUDs:
- SW HUD DAI: Strangers World HUD Default Altimeter: HUD for regular play
- SW HUD CAI: Strangers World HUD Customised Altimeter: HUD for playing in Strangers World
List of modifications
- An additional digital altimeter provides altitude data in range from 2500 to 500 km in planet scale. This helps safer planet landing (works only during descent to minimize interference with other messages). It comes in two versions.
- 2 MFDs added
- Primed equipment indication added
- A somewhat wider inner gap in the military laser reticle.
- STE reticle scaled to 1:100 instead of default 1:64
- Transparency of gauges reduced (from alpha = 1.0 to alpha = 0.25)
- Decreased font sizes for on-screen messages (on message_gui and comm_log.gui.)
- Readjusted message_gui aide and location to adopt new font size.
- Disabled the automatic comms panel (floating comm_log_gui).
- Scanner set to UltraZoom mode (x1, x2, x4, x8, x16 instead of x1, x2, x3, x4, x5).
- Scanner set to non linear mode.
- All HUD elements other than pylon-mounted ordnance and the ship clock are now invisible while in docked state.
This HUD was tested with 1920 x 1080 monitor resolution. All changes are implemented for hud.plist only. hud-small.plist remains the same as original.
Features and dependencies
This OXP is split onto 2 versions:
• SW HUD DAI (Default Altitude Dial) - stand-alone OXP without any dependencies.
• SW HUD CAI (Custom Altitude Dial) - needs Hard Way 2.1 OXP, providing the data source for the custom altitude dial.
Use only one version of SW HUD OXP, not both!
- 23.02.2019 - version 1.0.1 Converted to OXZ.
- 18.02.2019 - version 1.0.0 manifest.plist added. hud-small.plist removed.
- 07.05.2018 - version 0.9 SW HUD DAI/CAI Custom altitude dial is implemented. Scanner set to non-linear mode. OXP split onto 2 versions with either default or custom altitude dial and renamed for clarity reasons.
- 02.09.2016 - version 0.8.8 CB HUD ST 182 WS Primed equipment status line added. STE reticle scaled to 1:100 instead of default 1:64.
- 08.12.2015 - version 0.8.7 CB HUD ST 182 WS Transparency of MFD panels set to alpha = 0.75 to reduce excess brightness.
- 09.09.2015 - version 0.8.6 CB HUD ST 182 WS MFD panels repositioned to screen bottom (best used with widescreen monitors).
- 13.06.2015 - version 0.8.5 CB HUD ST 182 Scanner UltraZoom mode activated.
- 21.10.2014 - version 0.8.4 CB-HUD ST 180 All HUD elements other than pylon-mounted ordnance and ship clock invisible in docked state.
- 09.08.2014 - version 0.8.3 CB-HUD ST 180 MFD support implemented.
- 30.01.2013 - version 0.8.2 CB Hud ST 0.8.2 Transparency reduced to 0.25, automatic call of floating comm message panel blocked.
- 16.12.2012 - version 0.8.1 CB_Tweak_Hud_v0_8 Initial release, transparency 0.5.
- - non-dynamic hud
- - bigger scanner
- - bigger space-compass with integrated gauges for pitch, roll & yaw
- - newly-arranged gauges
- - individual surrounds enveloping every single gauge as well as the appropriate legend
- - individual contrast background for every single gauge
- - customized crosshairs
- - hud-small.plist containing an alternative hud for small ships like the adder
KNOWN ISSUES: CB Hud v.0.7.oxp is not compatible with the Target Reticle oxp
WHAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE AWARE OF: It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. (Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001)
REQUIRES: Oolite Version 1.74+
AUTHOR: Robert Triflinger (Captain Beatnik)
ATTRIBUTION: This work is derived from the original configuration files that come with the Oolite© program package. Thanks a lot to Giles C Williams (aegidian) and all contributors for developing Oolite. Special thanks to Thargoid, Killer Wolf, JeffBTX and WyvernWyvern. I have learned very much by studying their work.
- Strangers World - which the Custom Altimeter is designed for
- Vimana HUD features a warning sign when flying low over a planet
- Altimeter for another take on incorporating a better altimeter in a HUD
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
MFDs are in bottom corners, not blocking the view so much. But the CAI version is important for Strangers World as it facilitates landings (which are more of a feature in the Russian version).