Famous Planets OXP
|Download Link||See Download|
The new version of Famous Planets is here! This OXP adds planetary texts to the F7 screen. The text expand on the original descriptions and include elements from Oolite fiction. The OXP was designed to work in tandem with the Povray Planets set that you can read all about in this thread. If you have the Povray set then you also SEE the textures that I made. This version does not include the textures anymore.
I hope you have fun with it. I'm glad it's released.
Note: this does not include any changes to the Vanilla game description of Lave (see Lave OXP for that).
- Unique planetary textures for 89 planets throughout Galaxy 1 and Galaxy 2, but they are not in this oxp. The textures are in the Povray Planets OXP. To see the textures you need the Povray Sets also (see below).
- More Planet descriptions for the F7 screen than in v 2.5. Also some famous places in other galaxies get some text. Many descriptions are true to the described planets in Drew Wagar's novellas Status Quo and Mutabilis. Others are short extracts from the excellent Rough Guide by Disembodied that can be found on the wiki. Further descriptions were contributed by many others (see credits).
- The textures themselves are not in this oxp anymore. Those textures are now in the Povray Planets OXP (it makes the updating process easier if one need not download massive texture files as well when only the textual descriptions have been tweaked!). To see the textures you need the Povray Sets also.
- The music packs are also taken out of the oxp. I want to make some new music and/or make a hyperradio station pack for the Hyperradio OXP by Svengali.
Povray Planets OXPs
Download the original textures from here. One set for each galaxy. Note that there are two different renderings of the first galaxy, this link only gives the later version which is a different vintage from the other seven galaxies.
Famous Planets Liners OXP
- Latest version needs Oolite v1.77
- No dependencies.
- Downloadable through the in-game Expansions Manager.
- Or download in OXZ format here for Oolite 1.79 or later (downloaded 7691 times).
- Download and install the Povray sets if you also want to see the Famous Planets (rather than just read about them!).
- Ideas and 'Famous' planets by: P.A. Groove
- Additional planets: Cmd. Cheyd, Stromboli, Pangloss, Capt Kev
- Special credits: Submersible. For integrating the Famous Planets OXP into the excellent Povray Planets OXP and seeding the eight galaxies with excellent textures for all 2048 planets. Wow!
- Planetary descriptions by: P.A. Groove, Drew Wagar, Fatleaf, Cody, Disembodied
- Proof reading planetary text and/or manual: Cody, Disembodied (Galaxy 1), Cim, UK Eliter, Allikat, Drew Wagar (Galaxy 2), Snork
- Coding/testing and compiling: Submersible, Thargoid, Cmd. Cheyd, Svengali, Lestradae, UK Eliter'
- Corrections & Updates to the descriptions (2021). Adds in Lave, Riedquat, Isinor, Ceesxe, Tianve etc. See How to tweak OXZ's for more detail.
- BB Thread
- A number of the planet pages in the Rough Guide to the Ooniverse are based on the Famous Planets descriptions.