Imperial Courier (Oolite)
|Cargo capacity||100 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.35 LM|
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore, Aft,|
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||No|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
The Imperial Courier is a military vessel found in the service of the Achenar Empire. For more information check out the entry on Seldar Shipyards.
This is the second version of the Courier. It has a totally new model including rotating engine nacelles (thanks to Aegidian for the help with this).
I haven't tried to reflect the Frontier abilities of this ship due to the immense differences between that game and Oolite. Trying to do that just created an Ubership, and I want the Courier to be accessible to all. That said, it should still present a challenge to new players. With that in mind I would recommend that you only install it if you are an Average or above combateer.
Thanks to the Oolite community for their help bringing this ship to life, including help with the viewpoints and laser positions. Apologies for the wait.
So what's in it then? Well, there are two flavours of IC this time around - the standard Imperial Navy edition (white paint job), which is not available as a player ship and the Seldar Shipyards custom build, (flat grey paint job) which is available to players too.
The OXP contains both a customised version created by Seldar Shipyards (playable) and the original Imperial Navy version (non-player).
- - Added extra colour variations.
- - Adjusted the forward and aft view positions to eliminate obstructions.
- V2.2.0 - Updates by rustem - released 10/12/2018.
- - Tweaks to shipdata.plist file.
- - Added texture files for illumination map.
- - Adjusted roles to better suite ship type and function.
- V2.1 - released 17/8/2014.
- - Corrected one texture that was not loading with libpng-1.5 or newer. (Used on the Mac Oolite versions since 1.76)
- - Added some Oolite 1.80 roles
- - Added a cockpit light.
- V2.0 - released 14/06/2007.
- - Initial public release.
Concept, 3D model, scripting et al: Selezen
Weapon positions and External View debugging: Commander McLane
Thanks go to many other members of the forum for scripting help and tweaking advice during this development. If anyone else wants credited by name, drop a line to me through the Oolite Forums.
- Author: Selezen
- External Repair System for subentities. GGShinobi (2013) Alpha release. (for rotating nacelles!)
- Dertien's Imperial Courier (2012)
All three Imperial ships (plus 32 others!): see here for the full list (2013-14).
- Download: BBS Shippack includes desktop wallpapers 1920x1080: https://app.box.com/s/d68l3mc8g62qsiqsyuxp (16.6 MB)
- Download: BBS Shippack- no screenshots, just the ships: https://app.box.com/s/7qeqfwcqe1a0ssnga7fy (no hi res screenshots - 4.14 MB)
All NPC's will switch on their green and red navigation lights when in the docking queue by installing this additional oxp: