List of Oolite stories
From Elite Wiki
A list of all Oolite stories by author.
Alien Items, the Oolite Anthology
- Alien Items is a collection of short stories set in the Ooniverse, written between 2006 and 2012. Various authors are represented including Dylan Smith, Blaze O' Glory, Cody (El Viejo), DaddyHoggy, Commander Wyvern, Ganelon and Drew Wagar.
- Calliope (2009) - An episode from the unorthodox life of Captain Hesperus. Money is short, the engines are failing, and there's soup on the ceiling ...
- Stranglehold (2012) – A further episode from Captain Hesperus's unorthodox life. A stirring tale of dash, daring and foul mutiny!
- Local Midnight in the Vacuum Bar (2010) - A short story.
- Coyote - a ripping yarn set in the fifth octant.
- Inside Straight - the unlikely sequel to Coyote.
- Kaxgar - the tale of a lost planet in peril.
Cody's fiction may be downloaded here.
- Old Ships Are Best (2012) on the Oolite BB. A story about a Commander of an old and battered Python Special ET. A work in progress.
- Status Quo (2006) - The first story in the Oolite Saga. “A brilliant scientist uncovers a terrifying plot to begin a galactic war. Aided by a talented, but reluctant and embittered combateer, he must stop the deployment of a super weapon he invented. A weapon so powerful it threatens to destroy entire worlds.” Elite came with a Novella called The Dark Wheel, which set the scene for the game. Status Quo aims to do the same thing for Oolite, introducing Commander Jamesons to the Ooniverse...
- Mutabilis (2008) - The second story in the Oolite Saga. “When a series of linked murders forces GalCop to outlaw the shadow organisation known as ‘The Dark Wheel’, a mysterious top secret document must be found in order to stave off a galactic conflict. The document contains a devastating secret; the key to domination, power and control. A secret as old as space itself, the location of the legendary planet ‘Raxxla’”. Mutabilis is the sequel to 'Status Quo' and also introduces readers to the adventures of Captain Hesperus. Further accounts of this roguish character can be found in the Calliope story below...
- Incursio (2011) - The third story in the Oolite Saga. “When a deadly alien attack is launched across the galaxy, humankind finds itself under-prepared and overwhelmed. As star systems begin to fall, privateers take up the battle alongside the military forces and a desperate plan is hatched to stop the invaders once and for all, before humanity is eradicated.” Incursio picks up the story eleven years later and also feature avatars from the Oolite forum: Daddyhoggy, Hesperus, Udian, Coyote, Derik, Cheyd and Maik.
- Finis (2011) - The fourth and final part of the Oolite Saga. "With the alien menace poised to overthrow the galaxy a lone group of combateers is all that that stands between them and total annihilation. When one of their number is kidnapped by the aliens and their plans thwarted, the group must decide whether to mount a rescue and risk losing the war, or sacrifice her for the greater good of humankind…"
The Oolite Saga has its own fan page on Facebook.
Drew has also written a number of short stories for the Oolite Universe…
- Schism (2007) - ”Lumbering through the deeps of space are the Generation Ships; huge self contained transports driving between the stars at sublight speeds in the midst of thousand year journeys to populate new planets. After 30 generations, a staggering and devastating truth is revealed to the occupants of one such ship…”
- Nine (2009) - “The story of an attempt to reach the ‘ninth’ chart. As players familiar with Elite and Oolite will doubtless know there are only eight charts reachable by Galactic Hyperspace. Does the ninth chart exist? Can it be reached? If so, what’s there? This is a slightly chilling tale of the ‘Ooniverse’…”
- Ascension (2009) - ”A tale of what might happen when an example of sophisticated technology is suddenly thrust upon a backward culture steeped in religion.”
- Replay (2009) - “Difficult to describe even in summary without giving away the plot. It’s only three and a half pages long, so won’t take you long! Enjoy!”
- Family (2009) - “an excellent battle and nice interaction between Kemi and the Princess.”
Visit Drew Wagar's website.
- The Virtuous Misfortune (2006) - Dylan wrote the first short story for Oolite. A salutary warning in terms of who and how to fight, and what cargoes are safe to carry...
- Vakume Danserz (2010) on the Oolite BB. Not quite a story, in my opinion. A vignette, perhaps. Included in Alien Items.
- Carver's Anarchy (2010) on the Oolite BB. This might be the first installment, or it might be the only story about Carver and his crew that I actually get around to finishing.
- Vicious Brew (2017) on the Oolite BB.
K Thomas (OneOfTheLost)
- Herald's End (2009-2010) on the Oolite BB. An Oolite short story, a work in progress.
- Do It For Thysen (2013) on the Oolite BB. A young man learns some words to live by.
Marc Beaumont (Maaarcooose)
- Mostly Deadly (2012) on theramist.co.uk. The story of a hedonistic woman, running from her past, until it catches up with her and changes everything.
- The Curse Of The Crimson Koala (2013) on the Oolite BBS. First part of a three parter. Theme music also available on Soundcloud.
- Mossfoot Tales of Woe (2014-2015) on the Oolite BB.
My ammo crate
- The Systems Three (2015) on the Oolite BB.
- The Rebellious Three (2016) on the Oolite BB. Because this is a sequel, reading The Systems Three is recommended, but not required.
- The Ipsiolon Treat (2010) on the Oolite BB. A work in progress.
- Breaker Breaker (2012) on the Oolite BB. A story about some wet behind the ears new pilots fresh out of the Academy. A work in progress.
- Anguis Primus: What happens when an uber ship falls into the hands of a girl...
- The Shadowed Hand: Work in Progress.
- Static (2012) PDF download. Whilst clearing out some old kit I found some partially completed ooliterature that I was working on 3 or4 years ago. Normally I just bin this stuff but this time I though I'd have a bash at finishing it and letting you poor people "enjoy" it. So, I suppose I'm proud to present Static.
Wyvern & Clym Angus
- Rise of the Kirin (2009) by Wyvern & Clym Angus.
- Negotiations of failure (2010) on the Oolite BB by Wyvern. An Oolite short story.
- Commander Mara's Ship Log (2014) on the Oolite BB.