F8 page (commodity market)
This page is accessible both while docked and in flight. The in-flight prices given are those of the local main orbital station. This is where you buy and sell commodities - and hopefully make a profit!
- The "Arrow keys" both navigate around & between the pages, and also buy and sell items. Take care!
- Pressing the F8/8 button a second time toggles between the commodity market page with the commodity: "item" information page
Using the F8 Trading screen
- F8/8: summons the screen. The prices shown (anywhere in the system) are those of the main orbital station only.
- Arrows - up & down: select one of the 17 commodities
- Arrows - left & Right: buy or sell the selected commodity
- Enter: sells your entire inventory of the current item or buys as much as your hold (and Credits) will allow
- F8/8 repeated - toggles between more detail on selected commodity & main market screen (eg if you have some in your hold: purchase price records for cargo hold contents)
- ?: toggles between 6 filters for the commodities
- all 17 commodities
- only goods carried in station or in stock in cargo hold
- goods carried in station only
- goods in stock in ship's cargo hold only
- legal goods: just the 14 legal commodities
- prohibited goods: just slaves, narcotics & firearms
- /: toggles between 6 sorted orders for the listed commodities
- default order: the original order from Classic Elite
- alphabetical order
- order of price
- order of quantity in stock in station
- order of quantity in ship's cargo hold
- order of unit mass: ie TC/kg/g
Number of commodities on offer
The Vanilla game features just 17 commodities which fit on the one page.
The following commodities are added by OXPs:
- Oxygen (from SW Economy)
- Fresh water (from SW Economy)
- Medicine (from SW Economy)
- Quirium Crystal (from Montanas Resource Pack 01)
- Quirium Fuel (from Fuel Tweaks)
- Witchfire Whisky from Darkside Moonshine Distillery
As the number of commodities increases you may find a need to change their order - or leave some off the list. See the Sort and Filter toggles above.
Changing the page
- XenonUI provides an on-screen reference list of key commands for this and the other F4-F8 pages
- Market Observer adds a plethora of information for making informed choices for buying or selling
- Docked HUDs removes your HUD from the bottom of the page, leaving only the fuel bar & missile display. Some of the more recent HUDs do this automatically.
- 'No Market' Notification is for Dockables with no market. It replaces the meaningless Vanilla game F8 page giving empty values for each commodity with a formal notice that there is no market.
F8F8 page (commodity "item" information)
Information about just one of the commodities on the F8 page. You can use the up & down arrow keys while on F8F8 to move between the commodities.
Various OXPs fill this screen with more information: