First played Elite back on the old BBC Model B, though never got further than Dangerous. Played Frontier and First Encounters when they came out, and enjoyed them despite the bugs. Again, didn't get past Dangerous. Discovered Oolite accidentally in late 2011 and thoroughly approve. Oolite was the first one where I made it to Elite ranking - probably because there's always something new to do!
I have far more ideas for OXPs than I have time to implement, but here's what I've released so far.
Missions and activities
- New Cargoes - over 100 new cargoes to trade in, and a variety of additional cargo contracts.
- Curse of the Black Sunspot - a mission OXP set in G3 (1.77 only)
- Rescue Stations - a new organisation and station for stable systems, with a variety of missions available there.
- Combat Simulator - try out your ship in simulated dogfights
- Galactic Misjumps - reach intergalactic space, if you dare.
Variety and visual interest
- Escort Formations - vary the escort formations used by traders and pirates
- System Features: Rings - planetary ring systems (1.77 + shader support only)
- System Features: Sunspots - sunspots (1.77 + shader support only)
- Enhanced Misjumps - an extra graphical effect for misjumps.
- Skilled NPCs - make the NPC opponents fight more effectively (1.77 only)
- Risk Based Economy - makes trade prices depend on government as well as economy (1.77 only)
- Fair Cobra III - upgrade the NPC Cobra IIIs to match the player ship specification
- Talkative Space Compass - an upgrade to the Advanced Space Compass
- Camera Drones - some animated external views for your ship (1.77 only)
I also have a few OXPs for testing new features in Oolite 1.77. OXP writers and testers may find these OXPs useful for quick access to the features and example code, but they're probably of no interest for actual gameplay. None of them will work in Oolite 1.76