Sunskimmers adds ships to the sun/planet corridor
There are three primary spacelanes in Oolite. The most populated is that between the Witchpoint Beacon and the Planet (WP). But there are two others in each solar system, running from each of these to the sun (WS & PS).
Dr Nils created his original sunskimmers to provide more traffic on the sun-planet spacelane.
As Oolite developed and more planets were added by OXP's, then secondary spacelanes were accordingly created.
Other relevant OXP's
- Total patrol OXP - police elsewhere
- DeepSpacePirates - even more pirates elsewhere
- Space Crowds (Astrobe, 2017+) increases encounters outside the space lanes in a more realistic fashion
- Star System Lane Indicator MFD allows you to see if you are on a Star System Lane.
- Configurable Populator makes some populator settings easily adjustable (requires Oolite 1.84 and Library OXP).
- Population Control is intended to limit the size of pirate groups in safer systems. The number of police patrols is also increased slightly.
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
More traffic means more pirates!