CB-HUD Mark II
The CB-HUD Mark II is developed and produced by the Crab-Boolean Corporation located on Riredi in galaxy 1. The HUD is the "cash-cow" of Crab-Boolean and makes up almost 40% of their sales. Cargo-ship pilots especially like this HUD because it has an extra large scanner as well as additional control lights for important equipment.
The mid-size grey ring marks the 2:1 magnification zone. If you increase the scanner magnification from 1:1 to 2:1, all blips inside the mid-size ring stay visible.
The small grey ring marks the close-up range (in 1:1 magnification) when using a military laser.
If you are aiming at a ship that is within close-up range, you should set your aim a little bit above the point you want to hit. The nearer the ship, the further above.
- Bigger scanner
- Bigger space-compass with integrated gauges for pitch, roll, and yaw
- Customized ComLog- and message-GUI
- Customized surrounds
- Contrast backgrounds
- Customized crosshairs (change colour when on target)
- Additional control lights
Oolite 1.74+. No dependencies.
After unzipping, move or copy the .OXP-folder into the AddOns folder of your oolite installation.
This OXP is not compatible with the Target Reticle OXP. CB-HUD already has the proper setting to turn the reticle red when on target.
- Version 1.1 http://app.box.net/shared/y1q8yegurud6lr5v9bd7
- Version 1.0 http://app.box.net/shared/5svulop0ma58uh8t5c4f
- Version 0.9 http://app.box.net/shared/4lphdkazs5
- Version 0.8 http://app.box.net/shared/b8u0aot2yc (this version is the basis of Stranger's SWHUDDAI).
- Author: Captain Beatnik (page has links to his other HUDs)
- CB-HUD Mark I (2011)
- BB Release Note for Mark II (2011)