The Ships Systems Department of the Aquarian Shipbuilding Corporation would like to present to you their latest product, the Tracker. An invaluable add-on to the advanced space compass (ASC - which must also be fitted to the ship), it allows the simultaneous tracking of up to five distinct targets anywhere within the current system (or area of interstellar space).
Once purchased, it is selected by using the "shift-n" key, and then activated with the "n" key (under standard keyboard configuration). This will transfer the current target lock (be it an ident-lock or a missile-lock) to the system. It can then be viewed on the ASC by cycling through to the "T" indicator. Note that a target lock is required before the system can track the entity, so cloaked ships and certain other entities cannot be tracked.
The system has capacity to store five lock-ons. To remove an existing lock-on, just repeat the above procedure. If the target docks, lands on a planet/moon, enters witchspace or is destroyed then the lock is also lost.
- Tech Level - 9.
- Cost - 5000 credits.
- Required Equipment - Advanced Space Compass.
This OXP requires at least test version 1.81 of Oolite.
Download Tracker v1.05.
15/03/2012 - Version 1.00
- Initial release.
16/03/2012 - Version 1.01
- Improved model (no dimensions or textures at all) thanks to Ramirez.
16/09/2012 - Version 1.02
- Revised model to with actual but minimal poly-count to stop issues.
01/08/2020 - Version 1.03
- Added collision exception to the tracker and tracked; set tracker's beacon label with tracked name;
- Don't track telescope markers.
10/08/2020 - Version 1.04
- Disabed tracker beacons while player's ship is docked (so the tracked ships don't show on Station Interfaces (F4) In-system Distances;
- Logging of tracker's destruction or invalidation;
- Console messages when trying to track/untrack a target out of range, or without a target.
03/11/2020 - Version 1.05
- Changed messages from console to comms.
- Updated license to remove the "Thargoid clauses" after Thargoid allowed modification when retired from maintaining his OXps (http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17085).
|1.05||2020-11-03||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||ASC add-on which allows the system-wide tracking of up to five entities.||Equipment OXPs||Thargoid||BB-Link|