Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser
|Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser|
|Cargo capacity||50 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.550 LM|
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore, Aft|
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||No|
This class of starship is constructed by The GalTech Industries Corporation exclusively for Starfleet. The ships are designed to combine both long-range exploration with a substantial military capability. Due to the exclusivity deal in place with Starfleet and the huge production costs these vessels are not available to any organisation other than Starfleet nor are they available as player ships.
- Forward military laser
- Rear military laser
- Shield Boosters
- Military Shield Enhancers
- Extra Energy Unit
- Fuel Injectors
- Fuel Scoops
- 6 Escape Pods
The ship is available as an npc (non-player character) ship only. These vessel’s primary role is exploration and therefore they are typically encountered investigating systems. Their remit does not include the enforcement of local or galactic law and hence they will not attack other vessels except in self defense
This OXP requires the BigShips OXP produced by Thargoid and Eric Walch to also be installed (A copy is included in the OXP download for convenience). The OXP has been developed for Oolite v.1.76 however it should also be upward compatible with future releases.
- 02/06/2012 - Version 1.00 – First release.
- V1.00 - With thanks to Thargoid and Eric Walch for the use of their BigShips.oxp, cim and Smivs for advice regarding specifying the correct type of missile used by the ship, Thargoid and Svengali for advice on how to rescale my original model, Paramount Pictures for releasing the movies and Gene Roddenberry for the original concept.
This ships is available on the in-game Expansions Manager and additionally here: ConstitutionClassHeavyCruiser-1.0.oxz - Move the OXZ file to the AddOns directory of your Oolite installation. Start the game up while pressing the "SHIFT" key until the rotating ship appears. The ship should than be added to your game.
An update of the Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser (fixes problems and adjusts to later Oolite versions) is available on the expansion manager or additionally here: Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser Fix. Montana05 did a lot of work on the fix - read about it in the link below.
- Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser on the BB
- Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser Fix on the BB
- Fandom wiki page on the Constitution Class Heavy Cruiser.
- Trek HUD by Barabis (2008): a Star Trek NG LCARS-style (Library Computer Access & Retrieval System) HUD. See BB thread here.
- Romulan Bird of Prey (fifth of eight ships on page - by Mandoman - 2012).
- Star Trek Ships? (2017-date)