The Andromeda spaceship has arrived in the Ooniverse!
Check screenshots in this topic.
The massive size means that the Andromeda cannot dock with most stations.
This hull is as large as a station (795 x 358 x 1368m) due to the huge crew and cargo capacity. It cannot fit into standard docking ports, you must use Shift+C to connect into a Station or target the station and await until your automatically launched CargoShip is arrive into the dock.
Checklist for cargoship launch:
- Your missiles must be offline, so press "r" and not "t" before aim the station. This was a request to be able to launch missiles against stations if wanted.
- The station must be within your scanner range for target lock.
- The station must be friendly (must not target you and not launching defensive ships against you). If you can get docking clearance with shift+L then this is ok. Moreover if this is the problem then you should get a message: "CargoShip is not launched due to no friendly station nearby".
- The dataKey of the target must not contain the "carrier" word (this seems to be only true for Carriers (these are special stations for its "sit into the escort ship" feature so I must exclude here).
- At last resort you can autodock with shift+C, at least on main stations.
There are two docking bays where the Andromeda fits in:
The Andromeda has an additional 50ly fuel in reserves. The main tank can not store more than 7ly but will be refilled after every consumed 1 ly when a message display the remaining reserve fuel.
- Reserves will be refilled when you put a target lock on a station and stop within 5 km.
- Refill costs 3 credits for each ly fuel.
Due to the large reserves, this ship is ideal to reach very far planets with FTL drives (eg for FarPlanets OXP) to avoid many refuel stops during a long trip (for example to Sedna in Lave).
Andromeda 1.5 OXZ (downloaded 4455 times).
Andromeda 1.4 OXZ (downloaded 401 times).
Andromeda 1.2 OXZ (downloaded 2270 times).
In Oolite v1.79 or later do not unzip the .oxz file, just move into the AddOns folder of your Oolite installation.
In Oolite v1.77 make an Andromeda.oxp subfolder in your AddOns folder and unzip the .oxz file into the newly created subfolder.
There is a savegame in the package, copy it into your oolite-saves directory if you want a test flight.
You need to install BigShips OXP to see trader Andromedas.
FarPlanets OXP give good reasons to use the fuel reserves.
The 3D model comes from the andromedamod of Sins of a Solar Empire .
CargoShip is equal with Hammerhead's CargoSled made by Thargoid in Aquatics OXP.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License version 4.0. If you are re-using any piece of this OXP, please let me know by sending an e-mail to norbylite at gmail com.
2015.01.03. v1.5 Fixed a harmless error message in the log, thanks to heir. 2014.12.23. v1.4 Docking via CargoShip. 2014.12.23. v1.3 Ship chance is reduced in shipyard and in space. 2014.06.09. v1.2 Fuel reserves added. Test code removed which awarded an Andromeda to the player. 2014.06.06. v1.1 Normal map and BigTrader role added, stats tweaked. 2014.06.05. v1.0 First release.
|1.5||2015-01-03||CC BY-NC-SA 4||Mobile Base||Ships OXPs||Norby||BB-Link|