The Andromeda spaceship has arrived in the Ooniverse!
Check the screenshots in this topic.
The massive size means that the Andromeda cannot dock with most stations.
This hull is as large as a station (795 x 358 x 1368m) due to the huge crew and cargo capacity. It cannot fit into standard docking ports. Instead, you must use Shift+C to automatically connect to a Station via your transporter/CargoShip or else target the station and wait until your automatically launched transporter/CargoShip arrives at the station dock.
Checklist for cargoship launch:
- Your missiles must be offline, so press "r" and not "t" before aiming at the station. This was a request to be able to launch missiles against stations if wanted!
- The station must be within your scanner range for target lock.
- The station must be friendly (must not target you and not launching defensive ships against you). If you can get docking clearance with shift+L then this is ok. Moreover if this is the problem then you should get a message: "CargoShip is not launched due to no friendly station nearby".
- The dataKey of the target must not contain the "carrier" word (this seems to be only true for Carriers (these are special stations for its "sit into the escort ship" feature so I must exclude here).
- As a last resort you can autodock with shift+C, at least on main orbital stations.
There are however two docking bays where the Andromeda does fit in:
- Super Dredger has a 1120x560x2400m dock,
- Superhub has a 1300x1300x2000m dock.
The Andromeda has an additional 50ly fuel in reserve tanks. The main tank can not store more than 7ly but will be refilled after every consumed 1 ly while a message displays the remaining reserve fuel.
- Reserves will be refilled when you put a target lock on a station and stop within 5 km.
- Refill costs 3 credits for each ly fuel.
Due to the large reserves, this ship is ideal to reach very far planets with FTL drives (eg for FarPlanets OXP) to avoid many refuel stops during a long trip (for example to Sedna in the Lave system).
This OXP is downloadable from the in-game Expansions Manager
Andromeda 1.5 OXZ (downloaded 4455 times).
Andromeda 1.4 OXZ (downloaded 401 times).
Andromeda 1.2 OXZ (downloaded 2270 times).
In Oolite v1.79 or later do not unzip the .oxz file, just move into the AddOns folder of your Oolite installation.
In Oolite v1.77 make an Andromeda.oxp subfolder in your AddOns folder and unzip the .oxz file into the newly created subfolder.
There is a savegame inside the package: copy it into your oolite-saves directory if you want a test flight!
You need to install BigShips OXP to see NPC trader Andromedas.
The Gravity Scanner with the Large Dish (provided by the Telescope OXP) can detect targets from massive distances if you turn off your weapons (and this works far from bases also, due to this ship being as large as a station).
If you install HardShips and Shield Equalizer and Capacitors then this ship will get exceptionally large shield capacitors.
Due to the size, the andromeda is also capable of mounting the largest Base-class Laser Cannons, Gatling Laser or even the "uber" OMGLaser.
The fuel reserves make this a good ship for the FarPlanets OXP.
The 3D model comes from the andromedamod of Sins of a Solar Empire.
The CargoShip is equivalent to the Hammerhead's CargoSled made by Thargoid in Aquatics OXP.
- This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License version 4.0.
- If you are re-using any piece of this OXP, please let me know by sending an e-mail to norbylite at gmail com.
2015.01.03. v1.5 Fixed a harmless error message in the log, thanks to heir. 2014.12.23. v1.4 Docking via CargoShip. 2014.12.23. v1.3 Ship chance is reduced in shipyard and in space. 2014.06.09. v1.2 Fuel reserves added. Test code removed which awarded an Andromeda to the player. 2014.06.06. v1.1 Normal map and BigTrader role added, stats tweaked. 2014.06.05. v1.0 First release.
|1.5||2015-01-03||CC BY-NC-SA 4||Mobile Base||Ships OXPs||Norby||BB-Link|
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
The seemingly über-ship combat statistics are counterbalanced by the massive size which makes this ship impossible for attackers to miss!