Who is who
Cmdr.Svengali was born at a practically forgotten world at the outer rim of Galaxy 3 and absolved his flight training in a pimped Adder, build of spare parts and combined with more tape than anything else. After a few restless years he settled with a standard Cobra, cruising the eight.
GalCop has an eye on him, but it seems that his usual business of trading in narcotics and slaves and occasional acts of piracy are not enough to get him on the list of the most wanted fugitives. All in all a lightminded and rotten soul.
From the last interrogation protocoll, Soamaxe.
O: 'You say you didn't know about the legality of trading in Dephrac Crystals?' S: 'No, Sir. And how should I? These crystals were available, so I bought them. Nobody asked me for a license.' O: 'These crystals are highly unstable and are a controlled good for hundreds of decades. Everybody knows it.' S: 'Not me, Sir. And I also don't know that this chip is 1000 Credits worth...' _End of protocoll
He's known to be friendly to cats though .-)
The only thing Cmdr.Svengali is really worried about, it seems, is the growing number of clashes and cheats out there.
Collection of OXPs made by Svengali, some of them together with other members of the BulletinBoard.
- Library - a collection of snippets and helpers. Replaces CCL, OXPConfig and Hyperradio.
- BGS - together with Pagroove. Background images, sounds and music.
- Keyconfig - a helper tool for the keyconfig.plist.
- GNN - Snoopers replacement. Beta!
- buoyRepair - together with Eric Walch :-)
The current development versions can be found -> Github.
BGS and GNN got a function to return usage info. Specially bigger scripts are unhandy and often enough it is not clear what you can or should use. The other AddOns may follow. Just use the console to get you started, eg.
Properties: $pub Holds various entries for customization via other AddOns. Additionally BGS uses some script_info keys. For stations: bgs_tunnel_off: Bool. Disables the docking effect. bgs_tunnel_texture: String. Texture for docking effect. bgs_tunnel_tint: Array. Color for lines in docking effect. bgs_tunnel_shape: Number. Shape of docking effect. For player ships: bgs_engineAmbi: String. Sound for the engine. bgs_engineDown. String. Sound for decelerating. bgs_engineUp. String. Sound for accelerating. Everything else is either user-setting and configurable via Lib_Config or subject to change anytime.
chat: Array. Holds filenames for aegis chatter. engineAmbi: String. Ambient sound while engine is running. engineDown: String. Sound for decelerating. engineUp: String. Sound for accelerating. witch: Array. Countdown sounds starting with zero. witchCNT: Number. Start countdown at +1. witchG: String. Sound for galactic jump. witchH: String. Sound for standard jump.
- Cabal_Common_Library - a collection of snippets used in my other OXPs. Together with Cmd.Cheyd and PhantorGorth. Replaced by Library.
- HyperRadio - musicplayer, expandable via musicpacks. A quick guide Hyperradio_Howto_Musicpacks for own stations. Use Lib_Music instead.
- OXPConfig - a configuration tool for Oxps. Use Lib_Config instead.
- Snoopers - the galactic news network (together with DaddyHoggy, Disembodied and Drew Wagar). Replaced by GNN.
- Vector - the Lamboorghini Mura and some ...erm... missions.
- Localhero - mission campaign - currently a little bit the lost son :-) Will be merged with Vector if I'm in the right mood...
- Cabal_Common_MaterialsFinder - a helper tool to find the right settings for materials entries in shipdata.plist. Replaced by Library and Lib_MatFinder.
If you have a problem with one of them, please drop me a note at the Bulletin Board.
- Add _Help() function to other AddOns.
- - Rebuild it.
- Start diving in shader performance thingummies (instructions, registers, ALU and throughput)
Have a nice one.