Military Targeting System
CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd. is happy to present to you the Military Targeting System with advanced targeting features designed to enable fast and efficient targeting for more fun and enjoyment of your game of oolite. Enjoy!
The initial part of this is free, and automatically targets whatever in scanner range you are currently interacting with!
The expensive part (2,500₢, TL11), the Military Targeting System has been designed to bring targeting in oolite up to date with the rest of the video game world. No longer do you have to point your ship and aim to get a target lock. Instead, simply select from target categories using the equipment activation controls n/shift+n to have whole sets of targets stored onto the Target System Memory Expansion (up to 16 target locks), which may then be scrolled through normally using the standard target selection keys. Use of the Scanner Targeting Enhancement is highly recommended for use with this equipment.
- Currently requires 1.76.
- Requires the purchase of the Target System Memory Expansion(to store your target locks) in order to function correctly.
- Use of the Scanner Targeting Enhancement is highly recommended.
- CommonSenseOTB(thinking outside-the-box for your playing enjoyment and the improvement of oolite).
- Completed: June 13, 2012 release v1.
- MilitaryTargettingSystemv1.oxp is the current version.
Have fun with this! I know you will love this oxp!
THANX AND RECOGNITION: Thanks to CmdrLUke, Micha, CptnEcho, Screet and SgtSchultz for voicing ideas back in 2008 so that I could read about it and be inspired to come up with an oxp addressing some of these targetting concerns. Also thanks to everyone that contributed ideas on many other viewtopics I read. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND HELP! -Sincerely, CommonSenseOTB.
- THIS OXP IS A PRODUCTION OF COMMONSENSE 'OUTSIDE-THE-BOX' DESIGN STUDIOS LTD.
- This OXP is released under the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0 license with the following clauses:
- Attribution to the author CommonSenseOTB
- Whilst you are free (and encouraged) to re-use any of the scripting in this OXP, the usage must be distinct from that within this OXP. Unique identifiers such as (but not limited to) unique shipdata.plist entity keys, mission variables, script names (this.name), equipment identity strings (EQ_), description list arrays and entity roles must not be re-used without prior agreement. Basically if it's unique or would identify or overwrite anything in the original OXP, then you may not re-use it (for obvious compatibility reasons).
- rebundling of this OXP within another distribution is permitted as long as it is unchanged.
The following derivatives however are permitted and except from the above:
- the conversion of files between XML and openStep.
- the merging of files with other files of the same type from other OXPs.
- The license information (either as this file or merged into a larger one) must be included in the OXP.
- Even though it is not compulsory, if you are re-using any sizable or recognisable piece of this OXP, please let me know :)
- Unzip and drag or move the MilitaryTargettingSystemv1.oxp folder into your addons folder.
- Be sure to purchase the target system memory expansion in order that you have the 16 memory locations in which to store the target locks. Use of the Scanner Targeting Enhancement is highly recommended with this equipment.
- (NEW RELEASE) MilitaryTargettingSystem v1 .oxp for 1.76+ (2012-14)
- Author: CommonSenseOTB