A commodity found on the F8 markets screen.
Small-scale artillery, sidearms, etc.
Anything that makes holes and a lot of noise... by the tonne load.
Traded in TCs & stored in the Cargo Hold for trade.
Illegal to transport unless protected by special Navy or Gal-Cop permit.
With Smugglers - The Galactic Underworld OXP running, imports are also illegal.
Systems with just firearms as illegal will be shown on the F6 screen with an orange diamond. (Systems with other illegal commodities, or with multiple commodities, will be shown with a yellow diamond).
Weapon Laws OXP
This has no effect on the "firearms" commodity. It merely affects purchasing ship upgrades on the F3 screem.
New Cargoes OXP
New Cargoes is an OXP which allows trade specifically in such items as explosives, plasma turrets and evil poets.
The major specific variants of the firearms commodity are
- Hand weapons: Projectile weapons, lasers, plasma rifles, and other small arms
- Explosives: High explosives stored in bulk form, suitable for local conversion into grenades, warheads, or bombs as the situation requires.
- Plasma turrets: High power high-drain plasma turrets as found on large capital ships and major ground installations.
- Artillery parts: Spare parts and ready-to-build new parts for artillery and other heavy war machinery.
- Evil poet: The evil poet is classed as a Firearm for historical reasons. Do not open the canister unless you have control poems prepared, as they are generally stored in attack mode for rapid deployment.
- Firearms (2008) - discussion on prices