My dear fellow editor
If I posted on your talkpage, that means I am watching it. To keep discussions centralized, I propose you post there.
Please use the new section button, if you are opening a new section. If I asked you not to post here (reserved for people who offend me by their words, actions or stupidity), please respect that.
Heyho. Good to see that someone starts another spring cleaning. Welcome aboard, Debresser. Svengali 18:40, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for the welcome. I'll be happy to see your replies on the Village Pump. And since I suppose you're an admin, I'll be happy to see you do the things I can't. :) Debresser 18:42, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- Not an admin. Just a simple user .-) Svengali 18:59, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
What I did these last few days
These last few days, ever since I was made an editor of EliteWiki, I did the following:
- I started by trying to understand what is going on, what kind of pages, articles, and categories exist here.
When I started editing, I mostly did technical edits:
- I updated and generally improved the explanations on the pages in the Wikipedia namespace, that is in the Category:Wiki.
- I create new categories and added them, and previously existing categories, to articles. Sometimes that meant replacing old categories with the new ones.
- I fixed all missing download links.
- I fixed a lot of mistakes in names of pages (spelling mistakes, capitalisation, spaces and other minor things like that). Sometimes that including tagging the page for deletion afterwards, and almost always that meant fixing the links that refer to the old, wrong, names.
- I posted a few sections on the Village pump with proposals for what I think will be improvements.
Only just now I started with a few real edits, major overhauls of articles, so far about authors and works of fiction. That is what I came to do here, add information based on the many Elite Universe (of all types) stories.
Together with that, I am happy to use some of my 8-year experience on Wikipedia, to make general improvements to EliteWiki as well, mostly along the lines of the "technical", as I call it, issues mentioned above. Debresser 20:35, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
- Worked on the categories of the Galaxy Guide and the Rough Guide to the Ooniverse.
- Overhauled all articles about authors.
- Worked on the Elite Rating article, and the redirects to it. Debresser 20:32, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
- Worked on the categories of the Planet Scanner.
- Added categories to all pages that didn't have any (see Uncategorized pages). Debresser 20:56, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
- I have not been active lately. That is not to say I don't daily check changes to Elite Wiki. At the beginning I was waiting for a review of the many changes and questions I raised on the Village Pump, and later I was too busy with my work, studies, Pesach cleaning and general household chores (my wife is about to give birth). Debresser 18:19, 30 April 2016 (BST)
I'm been doing a fair amount of work on this wiki and am after some feedback and some advice.
i) From an outside perspective, does the way I've been structuring stuff cohere? And is it helpful to a non-English speaking teenager looking for help?
ii) Is there anything important that needs doing?