Thargorn Threat oxp
This OXP adds a little more credibility to the thargoid-menace and a reason for the Behemoths to receive continued funding from GalCop. It seems that the Thargoid fleet is encroaching ever more into GalCop space. Up until now only scout and raider-class warships have been a common sight for spacefarers, but with the Thargoid core-fleet approaching, more varying ship designs have been spotted by the Navy. Behemoths are being grouped into task-forces to face the oncoming onslaught.
One saving grace for humanity (and friendly alien-kind) is that these groups of thargoids seem more prone to in-fighting, thargoid specialists argue this is possibly due to royal-pretenders arising among the larger populations.
Overview & Download Link
This oxp includes:
Thargoid Terrorizer Frigate
Thargoid Thargorn Battleship
Thargoid Thorgon Cruiser
Not even a bounty hunter with an iron ass or a well equipped military vessel ever welcomes the sight of the Thargoid Battleship. There have been no known peaceful interactions with one of these ships; they always attack human vessels on sight. The characteristic octagonal shape is easy to visually identify from long ranges. The alternating red/green colour scheme is thought to indicate the ship's flight - there have been a few sightings of different colour schemes. The Thargoids have attempted to understand human language, but it is clear that they have some way to go - confused commanders have reported receiving messages such as "Eat violent sitcoms, poet!" and "Why did the groigan dance?".
Download: Thargorn Threat 1.5.2 (Updated 15 April 2012) For Oolite 1.75+
- Added code for InterstellarTweaks.oxp.
- Lowered the chance for adding thargoids in interstellar space.
- raised minimum Oolite to 1.75
- Prevent a log-warning about unrouted timers when doing multiple jumps.
- Raised minimum Oolite to 1.74.
- Fixed wrong thargon launch positions.
- Used the group feature to make thargoid-thargoid attacks less likely.
- Incorporated the Freaky Thargoid.oxp into this oxp. It is no longer needed as a separate oxp. (NB the shader of the original Freaky Thargoid also stops working correctly with Oolite 1.74)
- This package also includes a copy of the Freaky Thargoid.oxp.
- When installed and your computer used shaders, all Thargorn Threat ships will also use these shaders.
"Difficult". The ships appearing in the OXP are within the power-range of the standard set of ships. No new type of ships are added, none the less, mission ships have more often than usual the maximum shielding and firepower for their type of ship. You wouldn't need a full Iron Ass to take them on, but you should have some basic upgrades fitted such as a Beam Laser, fuel injectors, an energy unit and perhaps a shield booster.
Installing and Playing
To play the OXP, unzip the download file. This will create a folder named "Thargorn Threat V1.x.x". Open this folder and you will see a folder named "Thargorn Threat.oxp" and a readme. Move the Thargorn Threat.oxp folder to AddOns. As with all OXPs, it's the folder ending in .oxp that you need to put in Oolite's AddOns folder, otherwise Oolite will not read it.
More info can be found on the BB at the ThargornThreat topic.