A bundled OXP making the Ooniverse more realistic.
This bundled OXP contains six main packages:
- SW Economy
- SW Equipment
- SW Shipdata
- SW Population
- SW Resident Filter
- (e)Xternal OXP tweaks
PART ONE - SW Economy
The description here is taken from the Stranger's Set "ReadMe". There is more detail and analysis on the SW Economy wiki page.
First, this OXP changes canonic descriptor of system economy (text string Poor Agricultural, for example, used only to display on F7 system info screen, Oolite uses for market calculations numeric value system.economy = 7 instead). Poor Agriculture is logically flawed definition: it reflects system economic specialization, nor productivity level, nor richness/poverty level! New economic classification implemented:
- Poor Agricultural -> Extreme Agricultural
- Average Agricultural -> Strong Agricultural
- Rich Agricultural -> Common Agricultural
- Mainly Agricultural -> Mainly Agricultural
- Mainly Industrial -> Mainly Industrial
- Poor Industrial -> Common Industrial
- Average Industrial -> Strong Industrial
- Rich Industrial -> Extreme Industrial
It also describes three new trade items: fresh water, oxygen and medicine.
A new rebalanced set of market rules is implemented. Most items has the same economic values with rebalanced properties, but price for some items (food, textile, slaves) readjusted.
SW Economy set system market with system-specific filters:
- Computers, machinery and alloys are not available in agrarian systems
- Food, textiles, wines and furs are not available in industrial systems
- Food, textiles, wines and furs are not available in agricultural systems with archaic TL AND main planet radius below 5425 km
- Computers, medicine and luxuries available only in systems above median tech level, quantity is limited
- Machinery, alloys and oxygen available only in systems above low tech level
- Minerals and radioactives available only in low-tech OR industrial systems
- Machinery is more profitable in comparison with default market
- Textiles are more profitable in comparison with default market
- Quantity of some items depends of system gross productivity
- Illegal items available only in low-tech unstable systems
- … and some more readjustments
SW Economy set also new market definitions for secondary ports, overriding market definitions in external packages:
- Salvage Gang
- Hackers Outpost
- Renegade Station
- Astrogulag Penal Colony
- Navy Station
Deep Space Dredgers
PART TWO - SW Equipment
Equipment tweak is more challenging block with radically increased equipment prices and altered TL availability. Fuel cost per 1 LY for example is 5₢, Witchfuel Injector - 2500₢ Availability of equipment depends on legal status. You can upgrade ship with large cargo bay, for example, with Minor Offender status, but you must have Clean status to buy any military equipment (lasers, missiles, targeting avionics etc). The pulse laser is the only exception from this rule.
Player's ship classified onto three categories based on ship net mass (not cargo capacity!):
- Small Hull up to 50 tons
- Medium Hull 50…100 tons
- Large Hull Above 100 tons
If you have the Start Choices OXZ installed and prefer to start game with a non-canonical scenario, the player's Adder (net mass 16 tons) gets a small hull, Cobra Mark I (net mass 52 tons) - medium hull, Cobra Mark III (net mass 215 tons) and Python (net mass 267 tons) - large hull. Some equipment can't be installed on any ship. Minimal ship category listed below:
- Ore Processor Medium Hull
- Shield Booster Medium Hull
- Military Shield Enhancement Large Hull
- Naval Energy Unit Large Hull
More strict rules implemented to Large Cargo Bay installation. The LCB is incompatible with the next units:
- Ore Processor
- Shield Booster
- Military Shield Enhancement
- Naval Energy Unit
If you have a saved game with LCB and any incompatible items installed on your ship, sell one of these items BEFORE installing this update!
PART THREE - SW Shipdata
- Value of injector speed factor is reduced to 4 instead of default 7 to rebalance game mechanics and improve player awareness skill.
- Fuel consumption level on Witch Fuel Imjectors correspondingly reduced from default 0.25 LY per 10 s to 0.125 LY per 10 s.
- These settings affect not only player ship but all NPC ships too.
Readjusted basic ship specs:
Missile load rebalanced:
- Asp Mk II - 2 missiles (default 1)
- Cobra Mk I - 2 missiles (default 1)
- Python - 4 missiles (default 2)
Ship max speed rebalanced:
- Fer-de-Lance - 375 (default 300)
Ship max roll speed readjusted:
- Asp Mk II - 3 (default 2)
Ship cargo load rebalanced:
- Orbital Shuttle - 12 tons (default 30)
- Transporter - 8 tons (default 12)
PART FOUR - SW Population
Default distribution of system population in Oolite is a bit optimistic: more populated advanced high-tech worlds, less populated poor agrarian systems. This package implements more realistic distribution: overpopulated poor agrarian systems and less populated industrial worlds. No more high-tech postindustrial worlds with 6 billion population!
New distribution may affect OXPs using population as conditional parameter. The Kiota station populator in WildShips OXP for example uses system population in its station seeding algorithm. These stations will be excluded from new less populated high-tech systems.
PART FIVE - SW Resident Filter
Distribution of system inhabitants shifted - in 64 systems non-human residents replaced with human colonials. Democracy AND insects, for example, is a logically flawed combination!
PART SIX - (e)Xternal OXP tweaks
This is a bundled package with readjustment files for OXPs of another authors. Please note, this is NOT a bundle of complete OXPs - you must have original OXPs installed!
It is strongly recommended NOT to disassemble this package - these readjustment files must be positioned AFTER the original OXPs to work properly.
This Bundle package includes:
- Breakable Equipment OXP
Price to repair breakable basic equipment (for/aft shield generators, HUD/IFF, hyperdrive, core engine) are increased to more realistic values - reason the same as implemented in SW Equipment price readjustment.
- Ore Processor OXP
Ore Processor is incompatible with Large Cargo Bay now and vice versa.
This OXP is released under the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0 license. You are free to use and distribute this OXP on non-commercial basis. Rebundling of this OXP within another distribution is permitted as long as it is unchanged. Any mods/derivatives of this OXP must be distributed under another names. The license information (either as this file or merged into a larger one) must be included in the OXP.
- Equipment by Ship Class (author Redspear)
- Anarchies (authors Commander McLane, Killer Wolf, Arexack Heretic, Eric Walch, spara, Norby, phkb and Griff)
- Commies (authors Amaranth, Dr. Nil, Eric Walch, Norby, phkb)
- Dictators (authors Ramirez, gsagostinho, phkb, Griff)
- Galactic Navy (author Nemoricus)
- Deep Space Dredger (authors Sabre, Eric Walch, Little Bear, Captain Berf)
- Seven - detecting error in trade-goods.plist
- 09.07.2020 - Version 3.7 Minimal planet radius for food, textiles, wines and furs production increased from 5200 to 5425 km.
- 12.02.2019 - Version 3.6 Fixed error in trade-goods.plist, description of firearms. Thanks, Seven!
- 18.08.2018 - Version 3.5 Food, textiles, wines and furs are not available in agricultural systems with main planet radius below 5200 km.
- 31.03.2018 - Version 3.4 Pulse laser is excluded from legal census to provide compatibility to Hard Eject OXP.
- 08.11.2017 - Version 3.3 Forward/aft shield ratio reverted to original 1:1 value.
- 06.11.2017 - Version 3.2 Improved economic rules.
- Fixed conflict with secondary markets.
- Description of secondary markets is transferred from obsolete eXternal Market Tweaks onto SW Economy package.
- 19.08.2017 - Version 3.1 Some readjusted player's ship specs resets to standard again.
- SW Shipdata is added as separate module.
- Injector speed factor and fuel burn rate readjusting for player and NPS ships transferred from Hard Way to Stranger Set bundle OXP.
- 06.07.2016 - Version 3.0 Modified In-System Market Restore script integrated into SW Economy package.
- 12.01.2016 - Version 2.9 Ship hull class hidden on F5 screen.
- 23.12.2015 - Version 2.8 Orbital Shuttle and Transporter max cargo load decreased to more realistic value.
- 23.10.2015 - Version 2.7 Equipment availability realised via script. Obsolete condition definitions removed.
- Script shipclassequip.js refined. Problem with ships without hyperspace capability fixed.
- 18.09.2015 - Version 2.6 Dredger market really fixed :-)
- 16.09.2015 - Version 2.5 Laser upgrade and missile re-arm available on main station only.
- 15.09.2015 - Version 2.4 Fixed compatibility issue with Ore Processor 2.2.1 OXZ.
- Large Cargo Bay price reduced from 5000 to 2500 Cr.
- 11.09.2015 - Version 2.3 Fixed error in dredger market definition.
- 08.09.2015 - Version 2.2 Added brief descriptions of goods.
- Trumble opinion readjusted.
- 13.08.2015 - Version 2.1 Luxuries measured in kg, not tons.
- Escape Capsule cost reduced to 1000 Cr.
- Minor changes in market script.
- 10.08.2015 - Version 2.0 Equipment.plist moved from SW Economy to new SW Equipment OXP.
- Ship classes implemented based on hull size. Some equipment can't be installed on any ship.
- Some player's ship specs depends on hull size, max speed and energy recharge rate.
- Ship readjustments transferred to SW Equipment. SW TCS removed from bundle.
- 01.08.2015 - Version 1.9 Rebalanced core ship specs (test version).
- 04.07.2015 - Version 1.8 External markets adjustments (more realistic profit from metals in case of dredgers for example).
- 27.06.2015 - Version 1.7 Market filter now covers more items.
- 19.06.2015 - Version 1.6 Bundle package completely reassembled.
- Markets completely redefined and converted onto Oolite 1.82 format.
- Yaw damper removed from shipdata-overrides.plist (it is realized via script in Warp Drive OXP!).
- 16.09.2014 - Version 1.5. Equipment.plist and shipdata-overrides.plist refined.
- Asp Mk II max roll speed increased.
- 05.09.2014 - Version 1.4. Price for standard and ECM-hardened missiles readjusted to improve compatibility with Missile Tweak OXP.
- 18.06.2014 - Version 1.3 Old readjusted ship roles and most readjusted ship specs (based on Switeck's Shipping OXP) removed from shipdata-overrides plist
- to accommodate new ship role system in Oolite 1.79.
- 03.06.2014 - Version 1.2 Price for Large Cargo Bay increased to 5000 Cr.
- 12.03.2014 - version 1.1 Fixed bug in market_tweak.js - interstellar space test.
- 19.11.2013 - version 1.0. Minor changes in shipdata-overrides.plist. Speeds of NPCs Cobra Mk I and Viper readjusted.
- Stranger's Tweak OXP incorporated into bundled Stranger's World package.
- 15.11.2013 - version 0.9. Slavery is prohibited in all ports of advanced worlds (planet ports also!).
- 09.07.2013 - version 0.8. Minor change in market_tweak.js. Availability of illegal goods on market depends on (tech level + government) value
- (more advanced political system has more strong market regulations).
- 08.06.2013 - version 0.7. Yaw damper is added to shipdata-overrides.plist (Only for Oolite basic ships!)
- 14.05.2013 - version 0.6. Syntax errors in shipdata-overrides.plist are corrected.
- Cobra Mk I HUD set to "hud.plist" instead "hud-small.plist" for compatibility with Gravity Well OXP.
- 21.03.2013 - version 0.5. Tech level availability for ECM-hardened missiles reduced from 12 to 10.
- Bug in Cobra Mk III and Python max_cargo is fixed.
- 22.01.2013 - Version 0.4. Added legal census for equipment availability.
- Fuel cost reduced from 10 Cr/LY to 5 Cr/LY.
- 15.01.2013 - Version 0.3. Script optimization.
- 12.01.2013 - Version 0.2. Script rewritten for Oolite 1.77
- 22.12.2012 - Version 0.1. Public release - compatible with Oolite 1.76.
Unzip the file, and then move the folder "Stranger's Set.oxp" to the AddOns directory of your Oolite installation. Then start the game up. You may use this bundle version per se or select active packages. To temporary deactivate unnecessary package you may just change it .oxp extension, for example:
SW Population.oxp -> SW Population.oxp OFF
Restore original .oxp extension to activate package again.
If you prefer to use only SW Economy package, for example, unzip archive, take SW Economy.oxp from it and place to AddOns folder directly.