|Fuel Tank OXP|
This is a disposable single-use internal fuel tank available from all medium and high-tech shipyards.
Fitted in place of a bomb or missile in one of the ship's missile pylon bays, each tank holds 3.0ly of witchdrive fuel that may be transferred to the main tanks at the push of a button.
The fuel tank is ideal for freighter pilots facing long, non-stop voyages, but can be equally useful to any ship owner as an emergency reserve.
To use the Fuel Tank efficiently when you are on a long journey like from Ceerdi to Birera, buy about 3 tanks and hyperspace to the next planet. There, if a Fuel Station is nearby, then fuel up and hyperspace again. If no Fuel Stations are present, use the Fuel Tank to top up and hyperspace if you can, or Inject (Use the Witchdrive Fuel Injectors) your way to the space station.
Use like a missile or bomb: select the internal fuel tank (appears as a small square on your weapons pylon identifier) by pressing y. Then 'fire' by pressing m.
- Downloadable through the in-game Expansions Manager
- Download in OXZ format here for Oolite 1.79 or later (downloaded 5838 times).
- The Fuel Tank OXP is available in the Fuel Tank OXP
- Quirium fuel
- BB Discussion Thread (2007)
- Ramirez's comment on this OXP (2009)
- Fons at Origo of Fuel Tank OXP: Interstellar Jerry Can (2007)
Other Fuel Tanks
- Internal Fuel Tank: one-use only tank holding 5ly. Mounts in Cargo Bay (takes up 5TC storage). 100₢. (Stranger 2018)
- Extra Fuel Tanks: reusable tanks fitted into spare space in your ship: (1ly) or (3ly). Cost: 10,000 / 50,000₢. Refillable at main orbital stations (extra cost). (Smivs 2018)
- Duplex Fuel Tank: reusable tank: (3ly). Cost: 62,000₢. Mounts in Cargo Bay (takes up 8TC storage). Refillable by eg Sun skimming. (Timer 2013)