This is a planned feature for Oolite currently only available in the 1.81 nightly builds, and may change before release.
gui-settings.plist file allows customisation of the format of the GUI screens. Colours may be changed, tab stops may be adjusted (which may be necessary to avoid overlapping text in translations), and some other settings may be altered.
All colour settings take a standard colour specifier.
The following global colour settings are available
These affect all GUI screens.
The majority of specific colour settings which are currently "yellowColor" do not have any internal value in Oolite and will use the default text colour.
The following tab settings are available. Tab settings are an array of numbers, the length of which varies between screens. A negative number has the same tab stop position as a positive number, but is right-aligned to that stop rather than left-aligned from it. The text display area is 512 units wide, regardless of window size.
- equipment_tabs (3 entries)
- interface_tabs (2 entries)
- shipyard_tabs (5 entries)
- status_tabs (3 entries)
- manifest_tabs (2 entries)
- chart_traveltime_tabs (3 entries)
- systemdata_tabs (3 entries)
- market_tabs (6 entries)
Each of these settings affects one particular display colour on a single GUI screen
- chart_connection_color (this may be overridden by link_color settings in planetinfo.plist)
The following miscellaneous settings which mostly adjust page layout are available.
- status_prioritise_damaged (boolean, defaults to 1 - moves damaged equipment to the top of the F5 list if enabled)
- chart_label_scale (float, defaults to 1, allows the size of the in-chart name labels to be adjusted)
- chart_circle_scale (float, defaults to 0.0017, relates the planet radius to the size of the circle on the chart screen)