Griff's No Shaders Shipset
Griff has made some fantastic models of ships which use normalmapping and shader effects to produce some of the best looking ships available in Oolite. They render as intended on hardware that supports full shader capabilities. This OXP began as a personal project to bring Griff's ship set into a shaderless Ooniverse. Methods are outlined below. Announcements are made on the forum, so keep an eye on this thread.
The models, textures, and configuration files in this OXP have been included in the core game installation since Oolite 1.79 development version. Therefore, this OXP has become redundant and is no longer maintained.
Click on thumbnails to view full size images
Version 1.0 Additions
Griff's main stations, Rock Hermit, asteroids, boulders, and splinters
Shipdata coordinates and quaternions, models and original textures by Griff
Diffuse Texture Modification:
1) Decomposed to RGBA
2) Copied and removed Alpha channel
3) Recomposed RGB
4) Duplicated background layer
5) Merged layers with either Dodge or Addition layer modes at 50 to 70% opacity
6) Added pseudo relief layer from desaturated RGB normal map
7) Layers merged down with soft light blending at 70% - 80%
8) Greyscale glow map composite from texture set (diffuse, effects and normalmap)
9) Diffuse texture decomposed to RGBA
10) Glow map anchored to alpha channel
11) Final texture composed to RGBA
Materials section of shipdata.plist:
emission_map - alpha channel of diffuse map
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/.
version 1.0 for Oolite 1.77. Released 22 April, 2014.
Griff No Shaders ShipSet v0.95. released 12th May 2012.
Download and Installation
This file has been removed.