Paint your ship with electroactive polymer solution that filters sun glare. Three levels of filtering are possible by conducting electricity to the hull of the ship. When used, the coating gradually degrades and needs to be replaced.
- A standalone equipment, no need for External Heat Shielding.
- Primable with three levels of filtering. Lower the setting with 'b' and raise with 'n'. Higher the setting, more rapidly it degrades.
- Coating will last for full 2 minutes with the highest setting. And 6 minutes with the lowest.
- Cheap to replace. Costs the same as a missile. Then again, it won't last for long.
- Available practically at all stations. It's a simple liquid compound anyway.
- License: CC-BY-NC-SA 3.0
- Author: Spara
- Version: 1.0
- Required Oolite Version: v.1.79
Extending the duration
- In the Config folder of the filter OXZ, find and open the script.js file. (Don't use a text editor which adds invisible codes!)
- Normally, the filter burns out after 2 minutes on the highest setting.
- Line 13 has the duration; Changing 144 to 1440 will give you 20 minutes, 14400 200 minutes, and so on.
- If filter levels [0.2; 0.4; 0.6] are too weak for your liking, they can be increased in line 23. I believe 1.0 is max. I've not tested this.
- Lines 51 and 52 turn filter off when docked or in witchspace. Comment out with // to disable this function. (Also untested.)
- By CheeseRedux (2014). For more detail see How to tweak OXZ's.
- BB Thread (2014)
- Glare Clarifier - Wildeblood's alternative OXP
- Combat Manoeuvers - see Manfred's Manoeuver
- Priming Equipment
Gameplay and Balance Indicator
Cuts down solar glare, making combat and docking easier