Alien items is an anthology of stories set in the Oolite universe.
This is a 232 page collection of short stories, edited by Drew Wagar, with contributions from him, Dylan Smith, Blaze O' Glory, El Viejo, DaddyHoggy, Commander Wyvern and Ganelon. It was published in 2012.
The anthology includes thirteen stories written between 2006-12:
- The Virtuous Misfortune - Dylan Smith - What happens when the captain and crew of a Python Class Cruiser recover some cargo that they didn't quite intend
- Carver's Anarchy (Ganelon) - pirates in an anarchy
- Nine (Drew Wagar) - About an attempt to reach the ninth chart and its tragic consequences
- Calliope (Blaze O' Glory) - What can happen when the deal to ship some machinery is just too good to be true
- Coyote (El Viejo) - a damsel in distress
- Ascension (Drew Wagar) - What happens when a spaceship crashes on a pre-spacefaring world
- Local Midnight at the Vacuum Bar (Blaze O' Glory) - working for a lobstoid captain
- Snake Charming (DaddyHoggy) - Ring racers at Diso
- Schism (Drew Wagar) - About an anachronistic incident on a generation ship
- Vakume Danserz (Ganelon) - problems on an orbital station
- Negotiations of Failure (Commander Wyvern) - lizards and humans
- Lazarus (DaddyHoggy) - a defective ship and issues of DEBT
- Replay (Drew Wagar) - About Thargoid mind experiments on humans
Being an anthology, different authors have different perspectives. Some want to link Oolite into the Frontier family of games (including references to the Federation and the Empire). Others don't. For more information about this exciting can of worms, see Lore.