- Abbo dabbo: "space madness"; Witchspace psychosis
- Annie: an Anaconda
- Blues: police
- Bug: Thargoid
- C-monkey: a spacer (pilot or crewman -- usually specifically human or humanoid)
- Cobby: a Cobra (usually followed by "One" or "Three", to distinguish a Cobra Mark I or a Cobra Mark III)
- Dancing the Tionisla Two-Step: deceased
- Dock-jock/Dock jockey: station dockmaster
- Doughnut: a Torus station
- Downer: a fuel leak
- Ferdy: a Fer-de-Lance
- Fuzzball: a ship surrounded by a fuzzy electrostatic corona. Commonly associated with extensive, successive E.C.M. System use.
- Hardhead: an ECM Hardened Missile
- Iron ass: a heavily shielded ship
- Jameson: an inexperienced pilot
- Lane Art: vandalised asteroids
- Kiss the stars/kiss the sun: sunskimming
- Lollipop: a flag on a flight grid scanner
- Press space, commander: see Dancing the Tionisla Two-Step above
- Quarksman: an engineer (usually highly skilled)
- Randomius Factoria: a deity invoked in The Dark Wheel and elsewhere. The god/dess of chance/luck?
- Rock-jock/Rock jockey: an asteroid miner
- Scutter: a low-grade technician
- Slim/Slim Jim: a Cobra Rapier
- Spacer: noun, generic term for a person who lives a predominantly spacebound existence, opposite to a planetbound existence.
- Sparkler: a plasma cannon
- Squawk: distress call
- Squealer: an ECM
- Sucker: a planet-dweller
- Sunshine: Quirium
- Tagalong: any ship which uses another ship's wormhole to make a witchjump to the same destination
|As I've said before, I've never been a fan of posting lists of slang or jargon for things. In the case of slang words, slang is supposed to be mutable, and thus is ever changing, hence a list of it would be out of date very quickly.
In addition, making a lot of slang available like this will encourage those who are "in the know" to use it a lot, and any newcomers to a community will have no idea what anyone in stalking about.
Very creative, yes, but no real benefit to a community in my opinion.