The IFF (Identification, friend or foe) system, a flight grid scanner, comes fitted with every craft deemed space-worthy as it is integral to both navigation and combat. It is a sophisticated instrument that displays a 3D view of space in the immediate vicinity of your ship as seen from a point above it, and all other objects within.
If a ship within the scan range should broadcast a message, the IFF system will translate this as a ripple effect that will surround the flag of the communicating ship.
Cascade Explosion Display
The Q bomb's detonation (and cascade explosions) are also shown as translucent blue spheres with a magenta edge where they intersect the horizontal plane.
Zoom mode and Range Display
The IFF scanner can be zoomed up to 5x to allow precise navigation for intercepting smaller items. At any magnification the markings on the scanner automatically adjust to give a representation of target ranges.
- Unpowered objects unable to mass-lock the in-system jump drive.
- Powered craft.
- Powered craft identified as hostile.
- Space stations.
- Police on intercept.
- Navigation buoys.
- Active Q bomb (about to detonate).
All ships deemed space-worthy must have the IFF system installed
- Mining IFF Scanner Upgrade
- Police IFF Scanner Upgrade
- Escape Pod Locator OXP
- GalCop Missions enables purchase of the Range Finder MFD and its Extender.
- Breakable HUD/IFF Scanner allows your Scanner to be disabled by a direct hit in combat