Glowmoss, they call it. Little is known about it, other than it's an organic lifeform perfectly adapted to living in vacuum. It's found on asteroids, and once it gets a hold, it's very difficult to eradicate, hence its other name – Hermit's Bane. As an alien lifeform, some say it should be protected – but try telling that to a rock hermit. Undeniably attractive to the eye as it flows and changes colour, whatever it uses to break down the rock it feeds on is highly corrosive, which makes studying it difficult, if not impossible. There are tales told of it eating its way through hull plating, and it seems particularly attracted to copper. But that's only old spacers' talk, which exobiologists dismiss as fanciful.
- Griff (author of this package)
- Cody (publisher)
- Cholmondely (much appreciated help to create this page)
Since Griff's original work was planned as a demo the initial public release will start with V 1.01.
This package uses shaders extensively, therefore a shader-capable graphics card is required.
The original OXP (v1.0), which contains no enhancements, is available here: Griff's Glowroids (oxp)
This work is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike 3.0 (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). To view a copy of this license visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0.
- Version 1.0 / 2021-05-08:
- Version 1.01 / 2021-05-09:
- initial release for the public
- Version 1.02 / 2021-05-09 (after some pm's with Cody):
- added "gloss" to the materials (all credits to Nite Owl)
- reduced the chance to appear following Cody's lore
- some more entries at shipdata.plist for better synchronization with other OXP's
- added individual role for every entity
- Version 1.10 / 2021-05-11:
- included rock hermits from following sources:
- core game
- Spicy Hermits OXP (Spara)
- Pirate Coves OXP (Eric Walch)
- Harder Hermits OXP (UK_Eliter)
|1.10||2021-05-11||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||additional asteroid varieties||Ambience OXPs||Griff, Montana05||BB|