Pirate Coves OXP
Some exceptional pirates manage to gather up a band of cutthroats and take over either abandoned or manned Rock Hermits, slaughtering or inducting those who they find inhabiting them. From this point, the Rock Hermit is referred to as a Pirate Cove and are considered real navigational hazards to trade shipping. The normal tactic of a Pirate Cove is to remain powered down until a likely target comes onto their scanners, then the pirate ships power up, mass-locking the target's in-system hyperspeed drive. From this point, only the most skillful or lucky pilots can fend off or escape them. The usual result is the target is overwhelmed and destroyed, their cargo scooped and any evidence of the combat cleared away before the police arrive on the scene.
New version of Pirate Coves 1.4.2 OXP that needs version Oolite 1.74 or newer. (Updated 12 May 2013)
- v 1.4.2 Pirate Coves are now always mostly at the same position. There will be variation after long periods. Killed pirate coves will not be rebuild within a certain time (about 20 days).
- v 1.3.2 Escorts, launching from the pirate cove, now also have a bounty.
- v 1.3.1 No trader launches from rotating pirate coves.
- v 1.3 Now any installed hermit can become a pirate cove. Also they contain more pirates when used by more experienced players. Minimum Oolite raised to 1.74
- v 1.2.2 Minor update. You can't shoot away the dock now.
- v 1.2.1 Adapted to Oolite 1.73. On older Oolite versions it just behaves like version 1.1
- v 1.1 Added java scrip to this oxp. Removed some minor bugs.
- v 1.0 Original release by Lazy Gun: Pirate Coves 1.0 OXP
For more info you can look at the Pirate Cove topic at the bulletin board.