The Ships Systems Department of the Aquarian Shipbuilding Corporation introduce their latest development - the HyperCargo system. This is a modernised and updated version of the cargo compression system famously used on larger ships like the Anaconda, now available for any ship (although fitting it to one without a cargo hold is fairly pointless).
Once fitted, it can be accessed by going to the manifest screen (F5 when docked, or F5-F5 when in flight) and then selecting the normal market screen (F8) from there. Alternatively for Oolite 1.77 and above, the system can be accessed via the Interface screen (F4) when docked. Note also that for stations with the Commodities Market upgrade active, the F5-F8 method is deactivated and the only method to reach the Hypercargo system is via the interface screen.
This will allow hold-space cargo to be loaded into the system, and unloaded again back to the normal cargo bay (if sufficient space is available). Whilst running the system continually draws a small amount of energy from the ship, so the recharging of other systems such as shields may be affected.
The system is reliable, although on rare occasions it has been known that cargo stored in it can be lost if a malfunction occurs during unloading. Also should the system become damaged, the stored cargo is invariably lost as the witchspace bubble in which it is stored collapses. It is an "all or nothing" system - the whole of the content of the cargo hold must be stored at once, and it is not possible to restore only part of a stored cargo manifest. As they are stored separately in the ship safe, valuables such as gold, platinum and gem stones are not affected by the HyperCargo system.
The maximum volume of cargo that can be stored depends on the size of the cargo hold of the ship to which the system is fitted, as it must be used as a staging post for loading and unloading the system. Also such cargo is non-transferrable between ships, and is not covered by escape pod insurance policies (as with normal cargo).
Also it should be noted that GalCop have insisted that all HyperCargo systems are scannable by them for illegal merchandise. Anyone caught leaving a GalCop station with illegal material stored in their HyperCargo system will be subject to the same penalties as if the items were stored in their regular cargo hold. It has been rumoured however that on occasions a software hack is available via the underworld on some of the higher-tech but less law abiding worlds which can mask this. Such modifications are deemed illegal by GalCop, and tend to make the systems run less reliably and malfunction more.
Since v1.05, this OXP is now fully compatible with cim's New Cargoes OXP.
This OXP requires at least test version 1.74 of Oolite.
HyperCargo v1.11 (downloaded 0 times).
HyperCargo v1.10 (downloaded 4874 times).
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
To make this compatible with Market Observer (which knows nothing of hypercargo) you need to tweak Market Observer. If you have not done this before you may find How to tweak OXZ's helpful.
Hypercargo plays a role in Mostly Deadly.
- Corrected internal ids for commodities Liquor/Wines and Alien Items so they can be loaded/unloaded into Hyper Cargo.
- Added some log messages.
- Added access route via docked Interface (F4) screen to allow for clash with Commodities Marketplace OXP for Oolite 1.77.
- Removal of a script bug causing special cargo duplication on launch.
- Adjustments ready for Oolite 1.77 to cope with equipment taking up cargo space.
- Update for permits in New Cargoes.
- Minor script tweak to remove problem with NC start-up if HyperCargo is empty.
- Update for compatibility with cim's New Cargoes OXP.
- Script tweak to change Manifest[""] to manifest[""].
- Removal of upper limit, to allow running with 1.75.
- Tweaked script to make firearms illegal rather than alloys.
- Added machinery to the list (oops!). Also added chance of failure on witchspace jumps.
- Initial release.
- Not to be confused with
- Ship Storage Helper for storing your ship
- Equipment Storage OXP for storing equipment and cargo
|1.11||2020-03-09||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||Cargo Space||Equipment OXPs||Thargoid||Oolite BB|