An antiquated model of the Witchpoint beacon that may not be fashionable but still functions just fine.
3130 MGMT - GalCop begins a programme of retrofitting out-of-date communications equipment on older vessels. At the same time, satellite and comms buoys are upgraded.
- source: Encyclopedia Galactica
Not all planetary systems have the budget to acquire or maintain the most advanced navigational buoys. Occasionally some systems are forced to resort to older model buoys to reduce costs, some systems never afforded the upgrade to begin with. They are stuck with the retro WitchPoint beacon. Upon exiting witchspace, its sight is an instant reminder that you have not arrived at a prosperous system.
- This OXP needs Oolite v1.76.1.
- Iron Ass WPB v1.0 (2 MB) (2022) Old Murgh's Iron Ass version, tweaks to scale and flashers, improved textures, low TL system appearances.
- Murgh_Stations v2.0 (1.3 MB) (2013) Svengali's update of Murgh's 2006 classics: contains Witchpoint Beacon, the Torus station and the Globe station
- WPB1.1.zip - (349.7 KB) (2011) Svengali's modified version
- Original WPB V1.0 (202 KB) (2004) available at OoSat
|1.0||2022-5-8||CC BY-NC-SA 4.0||Buoy||Ambience OXPs||Murgh||BB|