From Elite Wiki
(Redirected from Time Control)
Activates Time Acceleration with Injectors and Torus drives: but is cancelled in Red alert, Docking and near a Wormhole.
- Needs the OXP Developer release version of Oolite (beneath the Current Version - and not the Nightly release) which is identical in gameplay but contains time acceleration (TAF) and other debug functions.
- Wormholes: The automatic turning off feature near wormholes is a help if waiting for fuel-free jump: you can set 16x TAF by hand after you undock and time acceleration will fall back to 1x when a wormhole is created by another ship: you can then turn towards the blue lollipop on your scanner.
- Torus to Sun: no Torus speedup if TorusToSun is installed to avoid addition.
- Default settings (adjustable in the timecontrol.js file):
- 2x TAF with Injectors, except in red alert
- 4x TAF with Torus, except if there is something on your scanner, like asteroids.
- Setting TAF in-game:
- Press shift+F during flight to see "TAF: x1.00" under the FPS display.
- Press "p" for pause, then horizontal arrow keys to change TAF - and "p" again to continue the game.
- Green Alert: There is another setting in timecontrol.js where you can assign a TAF to the Green alert, but this is 1x (off) by default.
- Low FPS: If your FPS fall below 20 due to the increasing CPU load then the multiplier will be set to a smaller level which can produce at least 20 FPS.
Do not unzip the .oxz file, just move into the AddOns folder of your Oolite installation.
- TimeControl_1.1.oxz (downloaded 1285 times).
- TimeControl.1.0.oxz (downloaded 249 times).
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License version 4.0. If you are re-using any piece of this OXP, please let me know by sending an e-mail to norbylite at gmail.com.
2015.05.18. v1.1 Default Torus multiplier reduced to 4x. No Torus speedup if TorusToSun is installed also. 2015.03.31. v1.0 First release.
- Weird affect with a star when under TAF for an extended period (2014).
- How TAF makes lasers less effective (2013)
|1.1||2015-05-18||CC BY-NC-SA 4||Auto TAF||Misc OXPs||Norby||BB-Link|