Activates Time Acceleration with Injectors and Torus drives: but is cancelled in Red alert, Docking and near a Wormhole.
- Needs the OXP Developer release version of Oolite (beneath the Current Version - and not the Nightly release) which is identical in gameplay but contains time acceleration (TAF) and other debug functions.
- Wormholes: The automatic turning off feature near wormholes is a help if waiting for fuel-free jump: you can set 16x TAF by hand after you undock and time acceleration will fall back to 1x when a wormhole is created by another ship: you can then turn towards the blue lollipop on your scanner.
- Torus to Sun: no Torus speedup if TorusToSun is installed to avoid addition.
- Default settings (adjustable in the timecontrol.js file):
- 2x TAF with Injectors, except in red alert
- 4x TAF with Torus, except if there is something on your scanner, like asteroids.
- Setting TAF in-game:
- Press shift+F during flight to see "TAF: x1.00" under the FPS display.
- Press "p" for pause, then horizontal arrow keys to change TAF - and "p" again to continue the game.
- Green Alert: There is another setting in timecontrol.js where you can assign a TAF to the Green alert, but this is 1x (off) by default.
- Low FPS: If your FPS fall below 20 due to the increasing CPU load then the multiplier will be set to a smaller level which can produce at least 20 FPS.
Do not unzip the .oxz file, just move into the AddOns folder of your Oolite installation.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License version 4.0. If you are re-using any piece of this OXP, please let me know by sending an e-mail to norbylite at gmail.com.
2015.05.18. v1.1 Default Torus multiplier reduced to 4x. No Torus speedup if TorusToSun is installed also. 2015.03.31. v1.0 First release.
- Weird affect with a star when under TAF for an extended period (2014).
|1.1||2015-05-18||CC BY-NC-SA 4||Auto TAF||Misc OXPs||Norby||BB-Link|