From Elite Wiki
(Redirected from Realistic Stars SSC)
Based on a discussion on the forum, Setting background stars & nebulas, to give OoLite a more realistic Ambience, this OXP sets various universal settings to match the colours we can see in the night sky. The numbers of stars has also been set to match what the average eye can see in this part of the galaxy (which would vary if you were moving significant distances in a real galaxy, but not over 50 light years :-) ), with a more natural light ambient_level, and the Sun's been moved to give it a more realistic size when near the planet (you might notice this when skimming).
I've used the same technique as Sensible Sun to position the Sun, so this will clash with it, unless you use Realistic Stars SSC (Sensible Sun compatible)!
- Realistic Sun Colour
- Realistic Sun Distance
- Realistic Star Density
- Realistic Nebular colour
- Realistic Ambient light
- This needs Oolite v1.65 or higher
- No dependencies here
- tested with Oolite v1.7 without issue
- OXZ version tested with Oolite v1.8 without issue
- Realistic Stars v1.1 (21.6kb). OXZ version (downloaded 7887 times).
- Realistic Stars SSC v1.1 sensible sun compatible, no change to sun distance) (21.6kb). OXZ version (downloaded 4096 times).
- Realistic Stars v1.1 (21.6kb).
- Realistic Stars SSC v1.1 (sensible sun compatible, no change to sun distance) (21.6Kb) - Edit, linked fixed
- Please report any comments on the bulletin board discussion: Realistic Stars
- Tweaking: see BB thread for a discussion on tweaking this OXP
|1.1||2012-10-15||CC 3.0||Pretty lights||Ambience OXPs||Knotty||http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12395|
|1.1 OXZ||2014-07-22||CC 3.0||Pretty lights||Ambience OXPs||Knotty||http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12395|