A commodity found on the F8 markets screen.
Heavy factory and farm equipment, hyperdrive engines.
Traded in TCs & stored in the Cargo Hold for trade.
Cheaper on industrial worlds, and more expensive at agricultural worlds.
New Cargoes OXP
New Cargoes is an OXP which allows trade specifically in such items as boats, food blenders and parking meters.
The major specific variants of the machinery commodity are
- Premium air filters: Whether it's to keep heavy industry clean or to protect visitors from the native air, most systems need air filters. A few have a need for more sophisticated filters than they can produce themselves, however, and a profitable trade in spare parts has emerged.
- Boats: From the smallest canoe to the largest ocean liner, the inability of most species to swim long distances creates a natural market on oceanic worlds. The inability of most space-born sentients to understand 2-dimensional sailing means that replacements are always necessary.
- Factory Equipment: A range of high-tech industrial parts for use in mass production.
- Farming Equipment: Super-high quality farming equipment, produced by the few agricultural systems to have a strong enough technological base. As the farmers say, would you trust a laser plough made by someone who'd never seen a field?
- Food blenders: The unusual love for food blenders a few species have is a mystery to the majority of sentients, but whether producing or collecting, the planetary hobby often becomes a religion. In other systems, of course, the pureeing of food is considered a capital offence.
- Parking Meters: For all the systems that wish to regulate parking, there are very few willing to convert their production towards the high-tech meters needed to outfox the determined hacker. Parking meters worth shipping out of system are therefore extremely rare.
- Witchspace engines: Most ships nowadays need a witchspace drive, and while shipyards have the capacity to produce their own, it's often cheaper for them to import the quirium condensers from elsewhere.