GalCop Galactic Registry
This OXP aims to provide pilots with data relating to their current sector, and provide tools pilots can use to better understand the galaxy they work in. This expansion adds a new interface screen, the "GalCop galactic registry", which had the following sub-options:
- Regions: Each sector has a number of galactic regions, and this menu allows pilots to see all named regions and display their location.
- Spacelanes: There are a number of spacelanes in each section, largely related to trade routes. This menu will list each of the different spacelanes defined in the current galactic sector, and allow you to display each route on the galactic chart.
- TechLevel: This menu allows pilots to highlight all systems of a particular techlevel, and (if the Advanced Navigational Array is installed) to automatically plot a course to the closest one.
- Government Types: This menu allows pilots to highlight all systems of government type, and (if the Advanced Navigational Array is installed) to automatically plot a course to the closest one.
- Economy: This menu allows pilots to highlight all systems of a particular economy, and (if the Advanced Navigational Array is installed) to automatically plot a course to the closest one.
- Galactic Navy Sector Commands: If you have the Galactic Navy OXP installed, this option will become available. This will highlight each system that is home to a GalNavy sector command, and (if the Advanced Navigational Array is installed) allow you to automatically plot a course to the closest one.
- Full system list: This function will list all systems in the sector. The list can be sorted by name, tech level, government type or economy type. Additionally, two systems can be selected from the list, and then the details of these two systems can be displayed along with a galactic map showing the route between them.
Map v Systems View
For each section, it is possible to switch between the galactic map view, and a list of systems. The menu item chosen will change its description to have "(show map)" or "(show systems") to indicate which view can be shown.
Place the 'GalCopGalacticRegistry.oxz' into your 'AddOns' folder and when you start the game, hold down 'Shift' until you see the spinning Cobra.
Alternatively, you can download the expansion using the expansion pack manager in the game itself.
Download GalCopGalacticRegistry.oxz v3.1 (downloaded 3319 times).
This OXP is released under the Creative Commons Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike 3.0 license. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
Galaxy image from http://simpleicon.com/solar_system.html
- Removed debug log entries.
- Added a "Full system list", which lists all system names, and allows sorting by name, tech level, government or economy type. Also has ability to select two systems and show route between the two, as well as other system details.
- Removed redundant header from all system lists.
- Added ability to view a list of planet names for any given sub-section of the chart.
- Added markers to the start and end of spacelanes.
- Fixed issue with HUD not becoming visible again after use.
- Changed "==" comparisons to "===" for performance improvements.
- Fixed issue with the paging for TechLevels.
- Updated check for "Allow Big GUI".
- Fixed issue where the interface screen wasn't being added when docking at a new station.
- Improved menu unsability by auto selecting the next item in the menu.
- Updated screenID's to enable BGS background sounds.
- Renamed background overlay image to prevent possibility of future duplication.
- Toned down overlay image.
- Code refactoring.
- Removed unnecessary link to "Display Current Course".
- Fixed issue where current course was always showing with the shortest plot.
- Small tweaks to menu text.
- Smugglers chart markers now removed from various Galactic Registry screens to make the image clearer.
- Initial release
|3.1||2017-05-19||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||Route planning||Ambience OXPs||phkb||Oolite BB|