| Alternative HUD
| Sound Set
Communism is the state in which people work for the betterment of all, not for personal acquisition and advancement. Many communist worlds are economic powerhouses in which all citizens are employed by the state in farms or factories to fuel the economy, even convicted criminals are put to useful labour in the Asteroid Mines. Unlike other systems, communist planets communicate freely with each other, exchanging technology and resources. It is for this reason that many unique space stations and ship may be found, such as the Solar Laboratory And Production Unit (SLAPU), the Collective Zero Gravity Factory, the Worker's Commuter transport ship, the Commissar Limousine and the Ray Police Cruiser. Communist states dislike the corrupting influence of other commercialised governments, even to the point that they insist that GalCop have only a minimal presence in their space-lanes. It is the role of the People's Police and the Thought Police to patrol these regions, in their unique Ray Mark I police ships.
Ships and Stations
Pictures are taken from v2.11, there are even better textures in v2.12.
Astrogulag Mining Pod
Astrogulag Scavenger Ray
Astrogulag Penal Colony
Collective Zero Gravity Factory
Solar Laboratory And Production Unit
Commies v2.16 in OXZ format (downloaded 674 times).
Commies v2.15 in OXZ format (downloaded 574 times).
Commies v2.14 in OXZ format (downloaded 303 times).
Commies v2.13 including new textures from Amaranth in OXZ format (downloaded 1307 times).
In Oolite 1.79 or later put it into your AddOns folder without unzipping.
In Oolite v1.77 make a Commies.oxp folder into your AddOns folder, rename the oxz file extension to zip and unzip into the newly created folder.
Old version: Commies v2.12 including new textures from Amaranth in OXZ format (downloaded 5077 times).
"Commies 2.11" released 22 May 2010
See the Commies retextures topic for the better textures included in v2.12.
v 2.16 March 2017
- Fixed semicolon problems in Mac, thanks to hoqllnq.
v 2.15 January 2017
- Added code to utilise Station Validator, if installed.
- Added improved texture files, courtesy of Keeper.
- Updated scripts and config for current version of Oolite (1.82 and onwards) by phkb.
- Edited the quotes out of the name of Sun Ray to avoid the computer pronouncing them audibly when it's passing on the radio chatter.
- New textures by Amaranth.
- Improved the smoothed shape of some of the stations.
- Fixed bug with wrong role for ECM proof missiles, recommended for Oolite 1.73 or newer.
- Centred the stations so they are now centred in the players target-reticule.
- Changed the addition distance for solar stations from a general distance into a value relative to the sun radius.
- Stations no longer explode because of being added to close near big suns. With smaller suns the distance is even closer to the sun now.
- Last version by the original author, Dr Nil. His Oolite page can be found at Commies 2.07
BB-Link (This line should be part of 'Infobox OXPb', but for some reason that template does not show any pictures anymore so the link is now here.)
It is reported that users of a "nVidia GeForce 7950" might expect crashes in combination with this (and some other) oxp. When you have such an old card, please read the enclosed read-me file how to fix the problem.