SKS Plasma Mk1
|SKS Plasma Mk1|
|Size (W×H×L)||56 x 13 x 45|
|Cargo capacity||0 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||10 TC|
|Maximum speed||0.40 LM|
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore, Aft|
|Shield boosters available||Yes|
|Military shields available||Yes|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
From Silver Knight Shipyards on Diqudi in chart 3 comes the Plasma Mark I, a small multi-role craft designed primarily for a pilot who is trying to make a living in the business of passenger carrying, and who, to be able to get contracts, must take the ones through more dangerous systems than most pilots would be willing to. From its speed of 0.4 LM through to its patented SpaceCamo(™), it is a craft that, wherever you go, assassins would have a hard time spotting you.
A commander requested that a ship be designed for him to carry high profile clients in some of the more dangerous systems. Unfortunately, assassins caught up with him before the ship was ready. Having already designed it, Silver Knight Shipyards decided to release it to the general public.
The Plasma Mk1 comes with fore and aft beam lasers by default, as well as three standard missiles and a passenger berth. It is compatible with most standard equipment, including a retrofitted cargo hold giving it room for two more passenger berths, or some light trading.
The Plasma Mk1 can be downloaded using the in-game Expansions Manager, or manually by clicking the link below. If you are using a version of Oolite before v.1.80 you will need to unzip it into a folder with a file name that ends in AddOns. Simply change the file suffix (.oxz) to .zip and unzip it normally from there.
- (RELEASE) SKS Plasma Mark I (2014)
Sir Arian's other OXPs
- SKS Ships (2014): Light, Panther Clipper, Predator, Rhino, Spaceliner
- Light is a super-fast courier-hunter-paranoid-passenger-carrier-pirate ship. It can outrun standard missiles without using injectors. But that speed also makes it kind of hard to handle, so it is a trade off. It also cannot take several of the upgrades.
Speed: 0.75 | Pitch: 4 | Roll: 6 | Max Cargo: 7 TC | EBanks: 4 | Recharge: 4 | Missiles: 4 | Fore laser only.
- Panther Clipper Mark II
- Speed: 0.25 | Pitch: 0.75 | Roll: 1 | Max Cargo: 1015 TC | EBanks: 9 | Recharge: 3 | Missiles: 8 | Fore and aft lasers, four ball turrets.
- Predator: based on captured alien (non-thargoid) technology, and will sometimes appear as an alien... Although, because I made it spawn as a pirate, it does sometimes appear in a gang with other ships. It appears like a pirate and thinks like a Thargoid. Perhaps a bit of an uber ship, but not quite...
- I just wanted to let everyone know that they should not install the current version of the Predator OXP with the new versions (1.80+) of Oolite. They are way overpowered, and will kill you in about two seconds flat.
- Speed: 0.45 | Pitch: 2 | Roll: 3 | Max Cargo: 15 TC | EBanks: 11 | Recharge: 5 | Missiles: 8 | Fore and aft lasers.
- Speed: 0.25 | Pitch: 0.75 | Roll: 1 | Max Cargo: 550 TC | EBanks: 7 | Recharge: 3.5 | Missiles: 8 | Fore and aft lasers
- SpaceLiner: Designed as a cheap alternative to the Python, and, through using inexpensive parts, was able to be made to be cheap enough for the young Jameson to buy using the trade in from the Cobra Mk.3.
- Speed: 0.35 | Pitch: 0.4 | Roll: 0.75 | Max Cargo: 100 TC | EBanks: 5 | Recharge: 2.5 | Missiles: 6 | Fore and aft lasers
- License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.