|Cargo capacity||25 TC|
|Cargo bay extension||N/A|
|Maximum speed||0.375 LM|
|Energy recharge rate||
|Gun mounts||Fore, Aft|
|Shield boosters available||No|
|Military shields available||No|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
|Available to player||Yes|
Built in large numbers, the Phoenix earns its name by being built from reconditioned components, and the chopped hulls of salvaged wrecks and abandoned ships, a ship literately born from the wreckage of shot-up hulls. Thusly, the ship exhibits design features found in practically all craft in service.
Its most unique feature, the outboard drives - reverse-engineered from the units found on Imperial Couriers - is the source of the ship's outstanding speed performance... and its greatest weakness. The rotors extend beyond the ship's forward shield, leaving them vulnerable to directed attack. Shooting them off can damage the ship. Fortunately, few combateers are accurate enough with lasers to take advantage of this Achilles' heel.
Despite this critical flaw, the performance and missile loadout capability of up to 10 warheads of this capable multi-role craft attracts bounty hunters looking to improve their income by salvaging the spilled cargo of their prey... and pirates looking to match hit-and-run tactics with high offensive capability.
Assault, Heavy fighter, Light bomber, Medium trader
1 or 2
- 25TC cargo
- Fast for it's size @ .375LM, and with good acceleration
- Easy to fly
- Large missile loadout
- Cheap, rugged, and dependable
- Cargo space not upgradable
- Mounts only two lasers; fore and aft
- Engine rotors are only lightly shielded; a directed, substained laser burst can destroy them, resulting in moderate damage to the ship
- Spaulder Bros Salvage & Recovery, Reorte, Dredger Alantis, Dredger T'aak, Dredger New Boston
- Orbital Spaceworks Ltd, Tionsla
- The Phoenix is found in the Phoenix OXP.
- This ship is also used in the Anarchies OXP as the Salvager Phoenix.
- The Phoenix (2007)