Technical Reference Library
Mrs Ming (Head of our marketing and fundraising department) from Spara, PrOog & Ming Agency had to pull lots of strings to get all the biggest ship manufacturers to give out technical specifications of their ships commonly seen in the space lines. Funnily, when the ball got rolling, manufacturers started to call us. We did not anticipate such a high level of interest. Suddenly every single company that had something to do with ships wanted to sponsor us. The deal we did with them was that Technical Reference Library will be a free bundle to every STE upgrade sold anywhere. The catch is, that every sponsor wants their name to be seen. That's the price for it to be free. We don't complain, as this liberated resources for Mr PrOog (Head of our R&D department) to develop an equipment that links Technical Reference Library to the hud. That piece how ever is not free as we were not ready to show sponsor messages in the hud. The price is set to a reasonable 1250 credits and the equipment is available from any TL12 system.
Mr Spara (CEO) is quite happy with the results of his team.
- Free STE upgrade that will show information of spacecrafts via a primable equioment "Ship Identifier". (lock ident to a spacecraft, select the correct equipment with shift-n, activate with n or b)
- Boughtable equipment that will show the same information in the hud when activated. (lock ident to a spacecraft, select the correct equipment with shift-n, activate with n)
Which spacecraft are identified
- Entities with scan classes "CLASS_NEUTRAL", "CLASS_MILITARY", "CLASS_POLICE" and "CLASS_THARGOID" are identified as spacecrafts.
- Entities with scan classes "CLASS_MILITARY", "CLASS_POLICE" and "CLASS_THARGOID" are not included in the Reference Library. Military and Police are thought to be classified information and Thargoid ships are not made by known shipmakers.
- In addition, Constrictor, ships from Aliens oxp, Black Monk Gunships, ships with the role bigTrader, Green Gecko and ships from Capisastra oxp are not included in the library.
Information for oxp makers
- Ships with script info "classifiedShip = true" are not included in the library.
- A ship can be declared classified from a script by calling worldScripts.tech_ref_lib.$addClassifiedRole("foo"), where "foo" is the special role of the ship.
- A ship can be declassified from a script by calling worldScripts.tech_ref_lib.$removeClassifiedRole("foo"), where "foo" is the special role of the ship.
- This OXP needs Oolite v1.77.
- Technical drawings from Mandoman are used in the background graphics
- Install the OXP by copying technical_reference_library.oxp to your AddOns-folde
- Download version 1.0.1 (for Oolite 1.77) from the box.
|1.0.1||2013-03-23||CC BY-NC-SA 3.0||Equipment||Equipment OXPs||Spara||BB|