|Size (metres, W×H×L)||1600 x 1600 x 2200|
|Manoeuvrability|| Roll: 8.0|
|Energy recharge rate||100|
|OXP or standard||OXP|
About The Superhub
Traffic congestion in the Ooniverse is growing and while the stations are getting more advanced the market asked for a more radical solution. This solution comes in the form of the GASEC Superhub. The GASEC Superhub is the first station that is capable of transporting itself to its destination, two engine bays allow the GASEC SR-GD-S (Space Rotary Galactic Drive S) to be fitted. At the destination these engines can be taken out for re-use in other transport missions.
NB: flying or transport of the station is not featured in the OXP.
Safer to dock
Problem of the older stations was that docking always was dangerous, especially in larger freighters. How many times we have witnessed the sad sight of an exploding workers commuter? The superhub is accommodated for larger ships. Just fly into the blue orb and docking is taken care of. Once inside the orb the ship if transported via a mini-jump to the docking tube and shipyard.
State of the art facilities
A superhub is far more than a space port. It's a modern hospital, office space or even an industrial park. Due to the Flex space (TM) technology Governments can design the superhub to their needs.
How sturdy? we won't tell. And we don't encourage you to try it.
Habitat rings with a view
Our luxury apartments always have a birds eye view on space. Handy for the commander who can oversee his freight operations from afar. We wish you much pleasure in using our product!
JAL GLOX (Marketing director R&D GASECWORKS, Vetitice
Model, Idea and Texture: P.A. Groove
OXP structure and Scripting and docking area: Thargoid
Savepoint added and additional scripting: Spara
Conversion to OXZ: Norby
Extract the Superhubv1.oxp into your Addons directory of Oolite. Just to be sure start up Oolite with the SHIFT-key pressed until you see the spinning CobraMKIII.
- Saving in station is now possible thanks to commander Spara!
- added allegiance = "galcop" // this defines how npcs see the station in 1.79.
- removed script = "superhub.js" // scipt.js did not have any ship script functions and superhub.js does not exist.
- added station_roll = 0.1 // slows down the rotation making the station feel more massive. feel free to remove/tweak this, if it feels wrong.
- Positioning with scrambledPseudoRandom, so it will be different from system so system, but will always be in the same place in a system.
- SuperHubs now appear at all Tech 14 and Tech 15 planets. (no more Random)
- Added a BGS Launch tunnel
- Added a License
- Texture fix making it perform better by use of a smaller texture.
- Added in the 50/50 chance again.
- Added in a check on the system government (it seems to have gone AWOL from v1.0).
- Corrected a minor typo in the shipdata.plist (flase -> false).
Texture changes by P.A.Groove:
- Added smaller version of the texture.
- Backup folder removed.
- Adds Superhubs with a 50/50 chance around planets with tech level 13 and up.
- Behaves as a station.
- Is dockable thanks to Thargoid.
- Fully shaded thanks to Griff.
Superhub v1.6 OXZ for Oolite 1.79 or later (downloaded 3410 times).
Superhub v1.5 OXZ for Oolite 1.79 or later (downloaded 258 times).
Superhub v1.5 OXP on Box.com
Superhub for Extra Planets
If you install this separated addon then Superhubs are built over some secondary planets also, in about every 5. systems as the main dock for big ships.
Contain 4 slightly different Superhubs.
11% of additional planets will have a Superhub (4 of 36 station types). There are 2 additional planets in a system in average so about 56 systems have a secondary Superhub in a galaxy. Together with 10 Superhubs at main planets about every 4. system contain a Superhub. The chance of an extra Superhub is 8% if TL is below 10 (1 of 12 stations) and 12.5% from TL10 (3 of 24 startions).
Superhub_for_Extra_Planets_1.0.oxz downloaded 2260 times.
See this topic.